Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/26/2002 2:59:37 PM EDT
Anybody know of a good gunsmith in the eastern Illinois/Western Indiana area?  Want to start customizing my 1911 and need a good smith to mount night sights.
Link Posted: 1/26/2002 3:04:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Les Baer and Rock River Arms are both in central Illinois...surely they would be willing to do gunsmithing work on guns that weren't their own make.
Link Posted: 1/26/2002 3:05:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Not in your area but I can highly recommend Kurt Wickmann, of Kurt Wickmann Gun Works.  He was the shop foreman at Novak's for years.  I'll have to see if I can find his new address, or if you email me I can hook you up with him via email. I think he's in Ohio now?
Link Posted: 1/26/2002 3:11:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Wickmann's web site

www.kwgw.com/
Link Posted: 1/26/2002 3:48:08 PM EDT
[#4]
I didnt realize Les Baer was in Illinois.  Cool.  I was trying to get around shipping it if possible, but I have in-laws in Ohio, so Wickman might not be bad either.
Link Posted: 1/26/2002 4:31:07 PM EDT
[#5]
I don't know if Baer will do what you want, customizing just a bit at a time, but they would be worth a call. Other Illinois smiths include Dick Heinie and Mark Krebs, both very talented with the GM.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top