Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/25/2002 7:29:25 AM EDT
My beretta 92 has a lot of holster wear. the top of the barrel was almost completely worn off (I bought it from a police dealer) so I used that rub on cold bluing stuff to keep it from rusting. Problem is that it really looks lame against the bruniton finnish and it keeps wearing off. is there is any home parkerizing kit that will be durable and look decent? I just need to redue the barrel, so I really don't want to send it off or replace it as there aren't too many rounds through it.

Thanks,
ARben
Link Posted: 1/25/2002 7:43:15 AM EDT
[#1]
You might try Brownell's.  At one time they had a home park. solution that could bedone on the stove top.  If the metal is correctly prep'ed they will do a serviceable job.  Another avenue is the various spray and bake finishes that you can do in the oven. (Not when the wife is around cause they really smell up the house).  Check with some of the other gunsmith suppliers also.
Link Posted: 1/25/2002 8:56:35 AM EDT
[#2]
I just saw one at CH's site.  www.ch4d.com
Link Posted: 1/25/2002 9:15:34 AM EDT
[#3]
I've used Brownell's kit, I have heard other kits will make for a darker park color, mine came out a nice medium grey.  It was really easy to use and I'm happy with the results.

I would stay away from the sprays/bakes, holsters are murder on finishes.
Link Posted: 1/25/2002 2:08:58 PM EDT
[#4]
thanks. i'll give it a look.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top