Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/21/2002 1:06:41 AM EDT
How does ammo have to be shipped?  

Ammoman does not ship to Alaska, maybe because there is no UPS Ground?

Who does ship ammo to Alaska?

Thanks,

SB
Link Posted: 1/21/2002 9:15:26 AM EDT
[#1]
To ship to Alaska the best way I have found is, get a group together and use a trucking outfit such as Lynden. The down side you need at least 90lb to make it worth your effort (min charge). If you’re not in a hurry drop me a line I put in an order about once every quarter last one was 300lbs worth.

Clinth
Link Posted: 1/21/2002 1:28:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Depends on where you are in Alaska, I toyed with the idea of buying and older 4X4, getting a bunch of orders together, loading up the back end with ammo, and driving it on to the AMHS (ferry) to get it to Sitka, then sell the truck to cover all my costs and enjoy my then free ammo.

Just a thought, don't know if the rules have changed or not but it was legal to do back in the early ninetys. Lynden charges you an arm and a leg, the gunshop I worked had to place a special order for a customer, 2 boxes (40 rnds) of .416 Rigby Federal's were $200 with shipping this was 1991

Dave
Link Posted: 1/23/2002 1:14:45 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
To ship to Alaska the best way I have found is, get a group together and use a trucking outfit such as Lynden. The down side you need at least 90lb to make it worth your effort (min charge). If you’re not in a hurry drop me a line I put in an order about once every quarter last one was 300lbs worth.

Clinth

I'm interested.  Depends on what it would come down to as far as price per case with shipping.  Thanks for the offer.

Shadowblade
Link Posted: 1/23/2002 7:58:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Hey, you've got mail.  I'll hook you up with my contract cargo company.  Last order of mine was for 500lbs and it cost me $67 delivered.  Usually takes 3 weeks from WA state.  I order from ammoman.com all the time.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top