Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/20/2002 9:42:18 AM EDT
Can anyone who has knowledge point me to legal ways to make these into firearms? It's something I would like to do.
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 10:06:27 AM EDT
[#1]
Catco makes a semi-auto kit that can be used with some parts kits. If I remember correctly Catco sells their kits in the $250 range.

Do a search and you can probably find some more info.
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 11:11:23 AM EDT
[#2]
jesus so much for cheap. What about these "stenlings" I keep hearing about?
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 11:22:41 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
jesus so much for cheap. What about these "stenlings" I keep hearing about?

Stenlings are conversions that are done to create a Sterling out of a Sten. I don't know if anyone is doing them on semi-autos or MGs only. I've got a friend that owns a Sterling pistol that he has had for years and got from his dad before that.

Basically, the cheapest you can get is the Catco kit and put it together with your own Sten kit. However, I think the only Catco kit is for the MKIV and the parts kit for that model is around $200. So with shipping, FFL fees (for the Catco kit because it includes a complete receiver), and refinishing supplies for after you finish putting it together, you are looking at about $500 minimum.

If you just want to buy some cheap guns order some Mausers or M44s from Century Arms. That's what I do.

Link Posted: 1/20/2002 11:32:46 AM EDT
[#4]
The Catco kit is for the MkII STEN.
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 11:50:50 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
The Catco kit is for the MkII STEN.

That's what I meant.

At least somebody knew what I was talking about.
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 4:25:18 PM EDT
[#6]
This came from the CATCo website:

SA-2 Kits(Semi Auto STEN Receivers & SA Internal Parts)

Less Than 50 Available!
Get Yours While You Still Can!
Special!
$259 (s/h $15)= $274 Total
(Regularly $299)

ATF Approved • Accurate closed bolt design
Super reliable STEN design!
Not classified as an "assault weapon"
CNC machined and heat treated internal parts
Uses standard low cost STEN mags

Use any STEN MKII SMG surplus parts kit (not included) and CATCo.\\\'s exclusive completely machined and registered semi-auto receiver (FFL required). Comes complete with semi-auto bolt assembly, all necessary internal semi-auto parts, barrel extension and a Free Step by Step Assembly Video. Everything you need to assemble your own semi-auto STEN SA-2 rifle from a surplus parts kit.
FFL required to purchase. Simply weld or braze together, no machining required. Receiver "In The White". Assembly requires 4 simple welds, no machining necessary. Note: currently available only for the STEN MKII.
Dummy barrels - $29 each. FFL required to purchase

INCLUDED: Receiver • Front Sight • Bolt • Firing Pin • FP Spring • R.H. Extractor • L.H. Extractor • Barrel Extension • Operating Handle • Recoil Spring • Guide Rods • End Plug • Striker • Striker Spring • Disconnector • Step By Step Video

Price: $259.00     Listing # 001

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top