Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/19/2002 7:30:56 AM EDT
Thinking of selling/trading my DSA STG58-A.  Have about 25 rounds through it.  DSA HD scope mount. 6 Austrian mags ($8 variety from DSA's site).  

I'll probably be trading/selling it off at the HGCA show next weekend.

Slight idea for what it's worth, but making sure I'm not crazy.  Thinking probably between $600-$700... it's clean, little-shot, and has the extras.  But, don't know if I'm being crazy or not.  So, what do you guys think?  Paid $850 when I got it, paid another $100 total for the accessories.
Link Posted: 1/19/2002 7:39:28 AM EDT
[#1]
$600 to $700?? If it's truly in the condition you described, even w/o the accessories I'd be cutting you a check. Texas huh? Why can't I run into at a show near me.......
Link Posted: 1/19/2002 8:00:16 AM EDT
[#2]
I'd suggest you ask no less than $800 for it; maybe even the $850 you paid for the base gun. Give yourself some bargining room, presuming you're going for a private sale and not to a dealer (who can get it for $795 new from DSA).

That being said, if you insist on selling it for $6-700, I'd be happy to send you a money order on Monday

Link Posted: 1/19/2002 10:03:28 AM EDT
[#3]
Why are you getting rid of it? I was thinking of getting one my self. I have pretty much settled on the STG58 because of all the recommendations here. So what's up?
Link Posted: 1/19/2002 7:21:07 PM EDT
[#4]

Why are you getting rid of it?
I have two DSA STG58-A FALs, one a standard (the one I want to trade), one a carbine.  I have a hankering for a M1A or an AR-10 (mainly an AR-10.. I've owned a M1A before, but never an AR-10).  

I'm getting married soon, so want to save some cash-outflow and satify my desire before I get married and the gun wagon slows to a crawl.  (she's a foreigner and is uncomfortable with the whole gun thing)  

There's nothing at all wrong with the gun or a DSA FAL... just want something different and trading it off/selling it for the cash toward a rifle I really want (especially when I have two of them) is more practical.

I highly recommend DSA guns, particularly the STGs.  They really are better than the originals, while retaining the spirit of the originals (the SA58s are fine... but their cheaper brothers are a better buy)
Link Posted: 1/19/2002 8:43:41 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm in Houston, will be at next weekend's HGCA show, and have been thinking about a DSA STG58 for over a year.  Maybe we can do a deal.
Top Top