Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/17/2002 12:11:20 AM EDT
Who here has tried these triggers?  They sell for $115.  Pros....Cons?

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 1/17/2002 4:11:07 AM EDT
[#1]
Here's a thread just for you: www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=85681. Sableco www.sableco.net sells them for $89 with shipping. There're a few threads in the competition forum about this trigger as well.
Link Posted: 1/17/2002 4:22:24 AM EDT
[#2]
I put one in to replace my stock bushmaster trigger, last year.  Great improvement.  The two stage really takes up the slack and gives a much better final stage.  Not the best (compared to JP or Jewell), but for the money it's definitely worth it.  This is non-adjustable, drop-in, so there's barely any hassle.
Link Posted: 1/17/2002 8:19:37 AM EDT
[#3]
I bought one from Donnie at Sableco for $85. Its a nice two-stage trigger. I can't compare it to any other match triggers (since this is my only one) but it is much crisper than the GI trigger on the break. I'm a little concerned that the lighter hammer and spring may have trouble with hard military primers but it hasn't been an issue yet (very little actual firing though <100rds).

The Rock River trigger uses just barely oversized trigger pins that seem to alleviate problems with trigger pin walk but will require a hammer to put in. The disconnector is also part of the trigger - making less parts to keep track of.

Compared to my mil-spec Bushmaster, the Rock River is a two-stage trigger, about 4.5-5lbs with a very crisp break. My Bushmaster is a single-stage trigger with a bit of creep and a 5-5.5lb trigger (got lucky I guess).

Its been my experience that you can often improve the GI trigger just by swapping out different hammers and triggers until you get a pair that "like" each other. Of course that's a bit of a pain; but its a good economical alternative to match triggers if you have access to spare parts.
Link Posted: 1/17/2002 8:27:54 AM EDT
[#4]
I bought the Rock River based primarily on the trigger feel (and secondarily on the rear sight they used on the Elite Tactical flat top model).

Nice feel, and seems to shoot well.  Beat the heck out of factory triggers I tried on any other AR15s in the shop that day, and I knew I would not be buying after-market or custom bits.
Link Posted: 1/17/2002 10:46:25 AM EDT
[#5]
alot and I mean some of the best highpower shooters in the us use a rock river two stage match trigger.
having said that when you get one it will be very much better than a stock trigger BUT! even with the new trigger and around the 5.5# pull it will still be a little sticky.
so here is what you need to do if you want it cheap you can get it from who ever you want but I would suggest you send it out and have it tuned to match specs and it will be a would of difference even between the stock rr match and what the smith will do for you.
 what I would do if you do not already have the trigger is buy one from john holliger at white oak precision for around $135 shipped to your door and you will never want another trigger again after that.
they last as long as you have than rifle and nothing ever to adjust , just add somr litium grease once in awhile and keep on trucking.
he tunes these up and test them in a rifle before he ships it.
you can get his # at the compitition section.
none better period.
Link Posted: 1/17/2002 11:24:25 AM EDT
[#6]
Very nice trigger, especially for $89.
Link Posted: 1/17/2002 12:38:08 PM EDT
[#7]
I own two.

What does that tell ya???

yes, they are very nice.

Link Posted: 1/17/2002 5:19:48 PM EDT
[#8]
sgtar15:

I've had a few decent triggers including the AccuracySpeaks, the CLE, the Jewell and, most recently the RRA.  Right now, it is a little rough compared to a Jewell, but I think it will smooth out.  If not, I'll send it to John Holliger and have him polish it a bit.  Overall,it is worth the price.

HTH....SRM
Link Posted: 1/18/2002 6:49:55 AM EDT
[#9]
Sam, I am receiving my trigger back from John Holliger hopefully today.  Both Jon C. and I have them, so you can try them out at a match if you see either one of us.
Link Posted: 1/18/2002 7:51:46 AM EDT
[#10]
Frontsight!

Great, I'd like to compare John's to a standard NM RRA.  Saturday? Boulder?

SRM
Link Posted: 1/18/2002 2:00:36 PM EDT
[#11]
Call me.
Link Posted: 1/18/2002 3:19:43 PM EDT
[#12]
Frontsight!

Got your machine.  Check your e-mail/call me.

SRM
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top