Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/14/2002 4:47:00 PM EDT
Is the zero lost when the handle is removed from an A3? how secure are the handles anyway? i have never seen one up close.
thanks
Mike
Link Posted: 1/14/2002 4:53:22 PM EDT
[#1]
The zero shouldn't be lost of both the upper receiver and the carry handle are within tolerance.  You should be able to repeat the zero upon attachment.
Link Posted: 1/14/2002 7:49:17 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
how secure are the handles anyway?

IMO, the removable handle is extremely strong.  To try to quanitify the strength, imagine this... If the removable handle was whacked enough to break something, the handle would probably fracture along the handle itself and Not in the area of the mounting bracket (imho).

If you are paranoid about the removable handle, look at the advantages... if the handle was to become damaged or bent, you have the option to install a new removable handle.  If the handle became destroyed on a non-removable handle, you would be stuck with the damaged upper.

Rationalizing is a beutiful thing when done in appropiately.
Link Posted: 1/14/2002 10:04:11 PM EDT
[#3]
I've taken mine off & replaced w/ no appreciable difference in POI.
Link Posted: 1/15/2002 4:47:14 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks guys, i think i will be getting a bushmaster M4gery A3 kit this summer.
Mike
Link Posted: 1/15/2002 5:38:28 AM EDT
[#5]
Did someone call????
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top