Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/31/2001 2:54:33 AM EDT
I want an AR-10 in .300WSM.   I came across these guys.
iyp.uswestdex.com/accuracysystemsinc/Page10.html
Has anyone ever heard of these guys?  Do they do nice work?  Any info would be appreciated.
Link Posted: 12/31/2001 3:09:51 AM EDT
[#1]
Haven't come across Accuracy Systems before that I know of but the modification is a good use for the cartridge.

ArmaLite is also working on an AR10 chambered for the Remington .300 Short Action Ultra Magnum cartridge.  They say the design of the head of the Remington case makes it a better choice for the AR10.

The Winchester case holds about 6 grains more powder but not having fired either of these yet I can only repeat that Winchester says their cartridge is 10 ft/sec faster with the same 180gr bullet (2970 ft/sec vs 2960 ft/sec).

Looks like you can get the Accuracy Systems rifle now tho'.
Link Posted: 12/31/2001 6:15:00 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the post.  Didn't know "Accuracy Systems" had the AR-10 offerings.
Link Posted: 12/31/2001 7:59:30 AM EDT
[#3]
My guess is that gunsmoke and knight`s are probably looking at this also.......
Link Posted: 1/1/2002 6:42:21 AM EDT
[#4]
There is a review of this conversion, by them, in this month's Small Arms Review.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top