Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/28/2001 7:42:24 PM EDT
after a couple months of reasearch, i finally decided to order an AR-15. i paid for my bushy dissipator A3 last thursday, but just picked it up today. i took it shooting, but didn't have binoculars or a spotter so i couldn't get it real accurate. but, i was able to consistantly hit a 12x12 box with a foam plate w/ 2-inch diameter sticker from 100-150 yards with the iron sights.

at first i was just going to stick with the rifle, but thanks to you guys, i have about $1500 more worth of gear on the way.

anyway, it was fun and i can't wait to go shoot again.
Link Posted: 12/28/2001 9:37:03 PM EDT
[#1]
You think it's only $1500.00 worth of accessories...
Link Posted: 12/28/2001 9:39:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeap!!!

You got the bug alright.  Now you need mags, ammo, a scope, second upper, .22 conversion bolt, more mags, more ammo, bipod, spare trigger parts, lots more ammo, mags(again), second lower, mag pouch, custom grip, free float handguard, Jewell trigger, padded case....and then you should be set.  Unless I forgot something.

Have fun

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 12/28/2001 9:40:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Oh, and don't forget the mags

sgtar15
Link Posted: 12/29/2001 5:53:58 AM EDT
[#4]
It's good to see a fellow Hoosier on the boards. Welcome!
Link Posted: 12/29/2001 7:11:46 AM EDT
[#5]
Be careful, think, come to this web page and ask a lot of questions, research and spend wisely. Unless you just have money to burn I would follow this advice. 2 years ago I bought my first handgun, a ruger 9mm. I don't have that gun anymore but I do have 4 handguns, 3 Ar-15, 2 FAL, 5 hunting/sniper rifles, 1 Ak-47, 1 Ak-74, shotguns and the like with all the ammo, reloading machine, clips, holsters, survival gear, web gear, just a whole hell of a lot of goodies. I made a lot of bad buys along the way and if I would have checked or known about this site at the time I probably could have ignored a lot of them. Oh well have fun and enjoy, they are definitely addictive!!!!!
Link Posted: 12/29/2001 7:27:09 AM EDT
[#6]
Welcome to my addiction.

Step 1: We admitted we were powerless over our black rifles so we rounded up more gear, more rifles, more gear.......

Link Posted: 12/29/2001 8:27:41 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Welcome to my addiction.

Step 1: We admitted we were powerless over our black rifles so we rounded up more gear, more rifles, more gear.......

LOL, I will be celebrating 5 years this spring

sgtar15
Link Posted: 12/29/2001 11:43:29 AM EDT
[#8]
well, that $1500 didn't include what i spent with Eric the Ammoman for a bunch of USGI Mags (recommended by you guys), and 1000 rounds of Winchester Q3131A. the "gear on the way" includes an Insight Tech M6, Aimpoint Comp M, Knight RAS, Knight forward grip, flat top scope mount (already have a Leupy 4.5-14), Pelican case, Otis cleaning kit, harris bi-pod (for my next upper, lol), and some gear from blackhawk.

after my CC bill comes in, and I assess the damage, i plan on picking up a match trigger and a bushy "varminter" upper assembley, and some nice binoculars/sighting scope (any recommendations?). um, yeah...addiction is the right word. but, at least i'm not alone!

M4 - where are you located in Indiana? i'm in covington if you have any idea where that is (heard of the Beef House?).
Link Posted: 12/29/2001 1:15:43 PM EDT
[#9]
hmm...trying out the post image function, while showing the 'before' pics of my dissipator. (what are those "stains") on the stock?

http://www.caseetc.com/guns/1.jpg
http://www.caseetc.com/guns/2.jpg

hope this works...you guys see em?
Link Posted: 12/29/2001 1:41:37 PM EDT
[#10]
welcome! a question i have for you, hoosier, is: ONLY A THOUSAND ROUNDS OF AMMO???? well, you probably need more. much, much more...heh heh.

willy
Link Posted: 12/29/2001 1:43:52 PM EDT
[#11]
The main expense is AMMO!!!!!!

By the way those stains are from CLP and other oils such as from your face against the comb.

Enjoy your new toy.
Link Posted: 12/29/2001 2:02:15 PM EDT
[#12]
you can wipe down those stains, all you need to oil is both sides of your bolt carrier and the bolt, then it wont be leaking out all over your gun, use oil in moderation you dont need alot. Also it collects all the little dust and dirt particles great if you use alot of lub.

lol i said lub
Link Posted: 12/29/2001 2:16:16 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 12/29/2001 2:45:47 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
welcome! a question i have for you, hoosier, is: ONLY A THOUSAND ROUNDS OF AMMO???? well, you probably need more. much, much more...heh heh.

hr

well, the 1000 rounds is JUST for this weekend ;)
Link Posted: 12/29/2001 2:49:08 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
you are only in stage one of your addiction. You are buying lots of accesories and another upper or two.

another later stage is coming up with a variation/caliber most other poeple dont and wont have....which for me is making an upper chambered in 7.62x25

sadly, i think you are correct. i just got this one, and i'm trying to budget things to get another lower (or maybe two, what the hell). heh, my neighbor saw me with it, and said "what the hell, looks like one of them fire-shootin riot guns that the sand-n*****s use in afghanistan." gotta love hoosiers ;)
Link Posted: 12/29/2001 3:03:32 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Welcome to my addiction.

LOL, I will be celebrating 5 years this spring

sgtar15

...and on May 29th, 2002 I will celebrate 12.
A bottle of my preferred scotch, Chivas Regal, would have been bottled when I stopped drinking alcohol.  That's irony.
Which is why I have a safe full of fun and no house yet...
Well, you can always buy a house.

hoosier, that's my favorite rifle you've picked up, the Bushmaster Dissipator.
Nice.
Link Posted: 12/29/2001 6:00:34 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Nice.

good deal, i love it so far (only have an SKS to compare to, though, lol). i'll get pics up as soon as my sableco stuff comes in.
Link Posted: 12/29/2001 6:13:05 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 12/29/2001 6:18:06 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Now you need to send that upper to Kurt and have him turn it down to lightweight profile under the handguards.  Right now, you're carrying around an extra pound you don't need.  Plus, with all those accessories bolted on, you need to save all the weight you can.

-Troy

yeah, that's definitely gonna happen. i wanted to wait a bit longer, and i'll have him put his brake on it as well. what kind of turn-around time does Kurt have?
Link Posted: 12/29/2001 6:24:24 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 12/29/2001 7:25:05 PM EDT
[#21]
My user name explains it all. Just started 11 months ago and on my sixth lower and too many uppers to count. Enjoy the feeling. Even got a couple friends addicted.

Byron
Link Posted: 12/29/2001 7:41:28 PM EDT
[#22]
Kevin,

Which mags in Ilove2shoot's pic are early 30 rounders ? And how can you tell this ?
Link Posted: 12/29/2001 7:42:26 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 12/29/2001 8:33:58 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
M4Madness, Where are you located in Indiana? I'm in Covington, if you have any idea where that is. Heard of the Beef House?

Hoosier, short of getting out a map, I do not know where Covington is. I am about 75 miles south of Indy.
Link Posted: 12/29/2001 8:42:47 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 12/29/2001 8:48:08 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:
M4Madness, Where are you located in Indiana? I'm in Covington, if you have any idea where that is. Heard of the Beef House?

Hoosier, short of getting out a map, I do not know where Covington is. I am about 75 miles south of Indy.

so in the vicinity of bloomington? i live on I74, about 45minutes directly west of indy.
Link Posted: 12/29/2001 10:39:24 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Nice.

good deal, i love it so far (only have an SKS to compare to, though, lol). i'll get pics up as soon as my sableco stuff comes in.

I unloaded my very 1st rifle in a trade for something I should have bought.  The rifle was a Paratrooper SKS.  I've always regretted getting rid of my 1st rifle.  Keep the SKS.
Never get rid of a good gun.
Smiles, everyone, smiles!
Link Posted: 12/30/2001 8:26:51 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
I unloaded my very 1st rifle in a trade for something I should have bought.  The rifle was a Paratrooper SKS.  I've always regretted getting rid of my 1st rifle.  Keep the SKS.
Never get rid of a good gun.
Smiles, everyone, smiles!

yeah, i'll keep the SKS, but i do need to send it to a gunsmith to get some new iron sights put on it...i think they're damage...unless i am just a God awful shot (prolly the case).
Link Posted: 12/30/2001 8:56:28 AM EDT
[#29]
I almost agree with BusMaster about your rifle, but my first was a hesse, so I don't regret dumping it.
My second AR was the Bushy 20" with mini-Y comp that you see in ILUV2SHOOT's pics(#2). I got bit by the pre-ban carbine bug, and he lost a preban!! But I only have 6 mags (all preban 30 rndrs, straight from Uncle Sam), and a LBV set up to carry them in. Of course, I need to get some optics, a case, some 20 rnd mags, and MORE AMMO.
It's as addictive as my 1911!!!

(smoke)

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top