Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/18/2001 11:22:05 AM EDT
I am considering tossing the factory trigger from my Model 7, I adjusted it the most I could and only got it down to about 5 pounds, got rid of all the creep though, but still too heavy. I would like to get it to a crisp 3 lbs.  Do the Timney or Jewell triggers for Rem700 replace these,or am I out of luck for a trigger for it?

Am I correct in thinking that a Model 7 action is the same as an XP-100 action?

Thanks in advance,
Bob
Link Posted: 12/18/2001 12:07:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Bob-

Have you considered a Rifle Basix Remington trigger? The L-1 Model (1.5-3.5 lbs) looks like the one you want.

Check out www.sinclairintl.com and do a search for 'Rifle Basix Remington Trigger'.

Best,

-jsr75
Link Posted: 12/18/2001 12:21:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Yep, thats what I am looking for...

Thanks..

Link Posted: 12/18/2001 5:46:44 PM EDT
[#3]
YOU have to keep the old trigger. If you ever have to send the rifle back to Remington, you will want to reinstall it. A friend of mine put a new trigger in his 700 and then during hunting season the BL erupted at the muzzle. He sent it back and they refused to fix it for free. They said that the after-market trigger voided the warranty. It cost him 289.00 for a new BL and they kept his after-market trigger and installed- a new Rem trigger. Dumb-ass
Link Posted: 12/18/2001 6:40:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Yes model 7's have the same action as an XP.  not sure about the triggers though.  I adjusted my 700 down to about 1 1/2 lbs (varmit rifle, not a brush gun) with no creep and love it.  Figured you could do the same on a model 7.
Link Posted: 12/18/2001 8:09:30 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
YOU have to keep the old trigger. If you ever have to send the rifle back to Remington, you will want to reinstall it. A friend of mine put a new trigger in his 700 and then during hunting season the BL erupted at the muzzle. He sent it back and they refused to fix it for free. They said that the after-market trigger voided the warranty. It cost him 289.00 for a new BL and they kept his after-market trigger and installed- a new Rem trigger. Dumb-ass

Hey.. Thanks for the warning.. I'll keep that in mind...

Link Posted: 12/18/2001 8:21:33 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Yes model 7's have the same action as an XP.  not sure about the triggers though.  I adjusted my 700 down to about 1 1/2 lbs (varmit rifle, not a brush gun) with no creep and love it.  Figured you could do the same on a model 7.

May just be this particular one, but 5 pounds was about the most I could get out of it, still better than the 7lbs I started with but not quite what I want.

My 700PSS I got a very crisp 2lbs out of,

My VSSF I got to about 2 1/2 but it was still a bit sloppy so that one I replaced with a Jewell HVR set to 8oz. pull, no safety.. ( strictly a bench rifle )

I have a VLS in a 6mm on layaway, that one is going to get something about 2 pounds for field (woodchuck) use.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top