Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/24/2002 9:44:58 PM EDT
 I recently found a really good deal on a 700 remington stainless and synthetic at Gilbertsguns.com . It seemed like a really good deal for this massive beauty ($475), so I went ahead and bought it. It's a great shooting rifle with alot of shit behind it, but so far, I've only found 3 different types of factory loaded cartridges for it. An A-Frame and Core-Lokt both from remington, and something called a bearclaw from Federal. All of these are 250 grain bullets. Anyone have any experience with these rounds? So far I've only shot the Core-Lokt. Just wondering how one performs against another. Thanks!
Link Posted: 12/24/2002 10:17:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Bearclaw is a premium bullet that not to long ago would have cost you a couple a bucks apiece.Thats after a long wait after you ordered them.A-frame is also a good premium bullet.Core Lokt is in my opinion the best "standard" bullet out there.I've been shooting 338 caliber rifles for 20 years now.since I was 18.A lot of people gave me a lot of crap about blowing up deer and antelope ect.It never tore up what there 300 and 7mm mags did.
Link Posted: 12/27/2002 1:23:11 PM EDT
[#2]
I had a Sendero SF in .338 Ultra Mag.  I shot the Swift A-Frame exclusively, it grouped the best.  (for me, at least)  Unfortunately, the ammo offerings in this caliber seem to be non-existent so, there isn't much to choose from...
Link Posted: 12/27/2002 1:25:04 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Bearclaw is a premium bullet that not to long ago would have cost you a couple a bucks apiece.Thats after a long wait after you ordered them.A-frame is also a good premium bullet.Core Lokt is in my opinion the best "standard" bullet out there.I've been shooting 338 caliber rifles for 20 years now.since I was 18.A lot of people gave me a lot of crap about blowing up deer and antelope ect.It never tore up what there 300 and 7mm mags did.

Oh yeah, last I checked, .338 Ultra's ARE a couple of bucks a piece!!  (my wallet will never forget...)
Link Posted: 12/28/2002 2:03:58 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Oh yeah, last I checked, .338 Ultra's ARE a couple of bucks a piece!!  (my wallet will never forget...)

I meant just the bullet.Now you get a loaded round.What a DEAL .Another great 338 bullet is the Whinchester 230 gr.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top