Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/17/2001 10:33:51 AM EDT
Anybody have any experience with these:

www.cmore.com/quadrail.html

I'm thinking of purchasing this as opposed to the Knight's RAS because it is a free-float design.  Coming from the "precision shooting" frame-of-mind, it makes the most sense to me.  I understand that Knight's also has a free-float design in production, but it seems to be available to the military only.

I'm just looking for opinions from people who've used the C-MORE QUAD-RAIL.  Also, does anyone know if the Knight's panels will fit the C-MORE?  I suspect they will, since both are Mil-Spec 1913 Picatinny Rails...

Thanks,
SAB
Link Posted: 11/17/2001 12:16:48 PM EDT
[#1]
RAS/RIS panels do fit, I don't think anyone else other than RIS/RAS has the index numbers though.
Link Posted: 11/17/2001 1:53:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Duffy:

Thanks for the information.  Do you own the QUAD-RAIL?  If so, what do you think of it?

BTW, what purpose do the index numbers serve?  I assume it is for quick re-configurations - is this correct?

Thanks,
SAB
Link Posted: 11/17/2001 2:40:58 PM EDT
[#3]
SAB, you had already come to the right conclusion, that they both use Picatiny rails, therefore what fits on a RAS/RIS will work on any Picantiny mouting device, as long as it has enough grooves
I have a RAS, used to have a RIS too.  On the RIS the index numbers start from the front sight, on a RAS they start from the rear, 14, since some flat tops have these numbers that go from 2 to 12, so the RAS picks it right up at 14.  You're correct on the quick remounting, if you ever need to remove a mounted device, it's easier with a numbering system so you'd remember where it used to go.  I had that problem all the time, I never remembered which grooves my scope used to use The index numbers are on top, bottom, left and right, for instance, top is T14, T16, etc., bottom is B14, B16, right is R14, R16..and so on.

I don't have a Quad-Rail, my rifles all have front sights already attached, it'd be a pain to remove it to install either a Quad-Rail or a free floating RAS.
Link Posted: 11/17/2001 2:52:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Duffy:

Thanks again for all the information.  I'll probably give the C-MORE a try since I'll be building a new upper.

Regards,
SAB
Link Posted: 11/17/2001 3:03:22 PM EDT
[#5]
SAB,
There are other options as well, check out this thread: www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=70640
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top