Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/16/2001 1:43:30 PM EDT
Hello ,
 I have a common problem in that I have a mint grey colt lower and a black M4 upper. (probably not the first time any of you have heard of this) I can live with it the way it is but would prefer to get the stripped black upper refinished in a close shade of grey. I dont want to change the color of the lower because it  really looks good, and I can still put the old A2 upper back on & it will match.  I would prefer annodizing because of durability , finish etc. but I dont know of anybody who does grey. I would consider a painted on finish but Brownells or any of the do-it-yourself finishes are out. I've done
them before and they are NOT what I want. DPMS only does black annodizing.Macs shootin irons said that he could come close on the color but the texture would be different.I'd be more inclined to go with a coating like this if I were doing the whole rifle instead of one part.

I would like to hear from all of you about your experences. Annodizing or coating,if you have done this, who did it for you? Would you let them do it again? are you satisfied? Does the color & texture match relatively close?  Any information would be helpful.
I had this in the "build it yourself" forum but moved it here so more of you would see it.
                    Thanks, Jeff
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top