Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/12/2001 7:49:33 PM EDT
Anyone know the differences between the two? pros and cons. i'm looking for an action for a rifle build up. Deer season will be over in a few weeks and want to be ready when the deals start poping up.
thanks, rugger
Link Posted: 11/12/2001 8:05:58 PM EDT
[#1]
 The major difference between the two would be that the BDL has a drop floorplate, and the ADL does not.

Chuck
Link Posted: 11/12/2001 8:12:55 PM EDT
[#2]
any reliability, durability or accuracy problems with the drop floor plate? do you have recomendations for a build up rifle.

in reply to your signature, have you ever had the privalage to instruct young service people in the fine art of throwing the little metal baseball?
Link Posted: 11/12/2001 8:47:33 PM EDT
[#3]
 There are no reliability or accuracy problems associated with the drop floorplate on the Remington rifles that I am aware of.
 The major advantage to the floorplate, is in unloading the rifle. You open the floorplate and the cartridges fall out of the magazine into your hand and all that is left is to clear the chamber.
 With the ADL model, you must cycle the action to remove cartridges from the magazine, which could lead to an accidental discharge.
 Some of the more serious tactical guys replace the stock Remington floor plate with an aftermarket model that is set up to open differently. Apparently one can inadvertantly trip the release for the floor plate and dump rounds onto the ground. This is not good if you are taking fire, or trying to displace to a new position.
 Personally,if I was to build on a Remington action, I would use a BDL as I have several times in the past.
 Go here-www.snipercountry.com
Look in the archives and look at the posts on the DUTY ROSTER and see what these guys have to say about the subject.

My signature line came from a bumper sticker that I saw at Knob Creek last month, and which I thought amusing.

Chuck
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top