Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/11/2001 12:47:32 AM EDT
Anyone ever tried or use a "Small of Back" holster from Galco?  I am looking for a concealment holster for a SIG 228.  I am considering an S.O.B holster from galco and/or maybe a shoulder type holster from either bianchi or galco.  Anyone got any info about any of these holsters or manufactures?  Thanks
Link Posted: 11/11/2001 1:17:54 AM EDT
[#1]
I was looking into an SOB holster and found that several local dealers will not carry them because it places the gun on your spine.  If you fell you could injure yourself.  I ended up with a blade-tech adjustable holster that I can carry just to the right of my spine (right handed).  It is adjustable so can be carried almost like the SOB, then moved for cross-draw or whatever you need.

Hope this helps...
Shadowblade
Link Posted: 11/11/2001 1:27:15 AM EDT
[#2]
I use an S.O.B. for my USP.40 Compact... I love it, it retains the weapon well and the fit is perfect.
As for busting your ass and breaking your spine, I dunno, but I did take a spill off a motorcycle with mine on.  I got banged up a bit, scuffed some of the tan off the holster (the jacket I was wearing took most of the road rash) but the thing held onto and, more importantly, protected my firearm.  I don't even remember my back hurting after that, but I suppose you could, possibly, hurt yourself if you fell just right.  But hell, you can also drown in 1" of water, if you get what I'm saying.
Link Posted: 11/11/2001 2:49:06 AM EDT
[#3]
My supervisor has the Galco SOB and loves it.  Carries a Glock 23 in it.
Link Posted: 11/11/2001 3:12:15 AM EDT
[#4]
The problem with SOB and shoulder holsters is that you end up sweeping at least 180 degrees when you draw the weapon. In my book, it's really hard not to violate rule #2 with either of them. Most ranges won't let you practice with them because of this.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top