Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/8/2001 10:18:01 AM EDT
Unfortunately, I bought some 5 rnd mags recently from a local place @ $16.95 each. I have just ordered some from classicarms.org for $9.95 each this morning. I bought the rifle for $40 from a local gunsmith/dealer and it shoots terrific, especially considering that all the other firearms and airguns I have have typically been at least twice the price or more.
I now belong to the "I paid more for my magazines than I did for my rifle" club.
Link Posted: 11/8/2001 4:49:41 PM EDT
[#1]
WSMAC,
  Thanks for the heads up! Where did you purchase it? I have been looking for one about the price range. Got any pics?

Thanks!

-Jared
Link Posted: 11/9/2001 11:28:11 PM EDT
[#2]
The rifle I got at a small shop in a nearby town. The 'smith wanted to get rid of it (always saying he needs the cash). It was the only one he had. I don't know where to get any more rifles though. I tried out the "high dollar" mags today and they were barely able to take 5 rounds. They wouldn't allow the first round to strip off correctly if loaded to 5, which sucked. I happened to look at the bottom and saw they were made in China! I'll be taking these back to the gunshop I bought them at (different than where I bought the rifle) and ask for my money back. Then I'll just order up some more of those $9.95 ers, IF they turn out to be true 5 round magazines. I'm also hitting the gunshow tomorrow, maybe I'll find some good deals there!
WSmac
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top