Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/10/2022 10:03:24 AM EDT
My father passed away in Dec .I inherited a few of his firearms.

One I particular is this Erma m1 22 made in Germany in the 1940's after the war.

Its based off the mini carbine ...

So father had a Bushnell Banner 22lr scope on it. .it's ancient and I want to upgrade it to something
More modern.

It's the 22 I leaned to shoot on, its the 22 my daughter is going to learn on as well.

Scope is cloudy and not crisp..

So help me gun community

Here are the pics.
Any input is greatly appreciated
Pictures here..
Link Posted: 4/10/2022 10:18:45 AM EDT
[#1]
A older Weaver K4 would be more age appropriate.

A modern Tasco 4x(Walmart sells them in my area) would work, but don't know how reliable or glass clarity they are.

A modern Redfield(made by Leupold) Revolution 2-7 would be an excellent and very reliable/glass scope choice.

Also, that Banner looks to be a 3/4 diameter scope w/dovetail clamps. Those won't work on modern scopes that are 1" diameter, so some new scope clamps will need to be found. Just look for some 1" scope rings that use dovetail(3/8) clamps, like air rifles use and you'll be g2g.

Sorry to hear about your dad. RIP
Link Posted: 4/10/2022 10:25:04 AM EDT
[#2]
Thank you ... and my Dad is smiling watching me research his beloved pieces.

And those scopes are exactly what this style looks like
Link Posted: 4/10/2022 10:28:11 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thank you ... and my Dad is smiling watching me research his beloved pieces.

And those scopes are exactly what this style looks like
View Quote

While you already answered my info, I edited my answer about some scope rings you'll need to also look into and get.
Link Posted: 4/10/2022 10:56:16 AM EDT
[#4]
Dovetail mounts come in quite a few sizes. You'll want to grab a caliper micrometer and measure your way to success. You need to measure the width of the top of the dovetail.

Dovetails come in several different types and sizes depending on manufacturer, but the most common are the 11 mm and 38 inch (9.5 mm). Some other less known, but currently commercially available dovetail mounts, are 12, 13, 13.5, 14, 14.5, 16, 16.5, 17 and 19 mm. I suspect that yours is an 11mm as it is the most common anyway and it's the most common one used by European gun makers at the time as far as I can tell.
Link Posted: 4/10/2022 11:57:03 AM EDT
[#5]
Make your life easy and use a dovetail -> weaver adapter

https://www.bkltech.com/Dovetail-to-Weaver-Picatinny-Adaptor-Mounts-s/7.htm
Link Posted: 4/10/2022 5:40:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Let her learn with open sights first OP.
Link Posted: 4/10/2022 5:52:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Let her learn with open sights first OP.
View Quote
Agree, but I don't see any kind of rear sight in the OP's pics?
Link Posted: 4/10/2022 6:12:53 PM EDT
[#8]
I have original rear sight.

It's 100 to 400 meter aperture..

My father had a the parts labeled in bags
Link Posted: 4/11/2022 8:18:44 AM EDT
[#9]
And I appreciate everyone's input.

So thank you.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top