Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/27/2020 4:15:24 PM EDT
Hey, any you guys have an idea what the going rate for a FDE 11' are going for? Used ..
Link Posted: 4/27/2020 4:28:27 PM EDT
[#1]
What caliber and is it a pistol or SBR?

If its not an SBR and it is 5.56 one sold on GB for $1,400 recently.  But it also had a shockwave brace on it.
Link Posted: 4/27/2020 4:39:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Opps. it's 5.56 and it has a brace on it.. thanks for the reply.
Link Posted: 5/11/2020 6:24:46 PM EDT
[#3]
I sold mine last week for $1450.00 locally (cerakoted burnt bronze)
Link Posted: 5/12/2020 3:36:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Am fighting hard not to sell it. I like the little thing!
Link Posted: 5/14/2020 11:11:54 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Am fighting hard not to sell it. I like the little thing!
View Quote
Me too!

Only reason I'd think to sell it would be to get the Bren 2.  And honestly, the only few appeal to the Bren 2, lighter and bolt release.  Recip handle doesn't bother me and I'm not that easily influenced by YouTube commandos.  

And I would only consider the 11".  Honestly the shorter rail with the Bren 2 is a detriment to me.It could be a bit longer like the 805.  And the fact it has a more noticeable different US version, blah.

Bren 805 is such a heavy beast, I can literally stand both feet on top of it and know it won't break.  Recip handle, ... won't break. If I'm using it to fend for my self and run out of ammo, I can club someone to death that it should be listed in an update version of Clue.  "It was Mr. Plum, in the parlor who struck the butler over the head with the Bren 805"

There's a point I see where less is good.  And at some point, like having a nice looking previous gen version becomes something to admire and has its own old school appeal.  Like a older CJ or YJ Jeep. Which coincidentally I do have one.

But if I didn't have the 805 a Bren 2 would be an absolute.  I may just get the x39 Bren 2
Link Posted: 5/14/2020 12:55:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By India303:
Me too!

Only reason I'd think to sell it would be to get the Bren 2.  And honestly, the only few appeal to the Bren 2, lighter and bolt release.  Recip handle doesn't bother me and I'm not that easily influenced by YouTube commandos.  

And I would only consider the 11".  Honestly the shorter rail with the Bren 2 is a detriment to me.It could be a bit longer like the 805.  And the fact it has a more noticeable different US version, blah.

Bren 805 is such a heavy beast, I can literally stand both feet on top of it and know it won't break.  Recip handle, ... won't break. If I'm using it to fend for my self and run out of ammo, I can club someone to death that it should be listed in an update version of Clue.  "It was Mr. Plum, in the parlor who struck the butler over the head with the Bren 805"

There's a point I see where less is good.  And at some point, like having a nice looking previous gen version becomes something to admire and has its own old school appeal.  Like a older CJ or YJ Jeep. Which coincidentally I do have one. 

But if I didn't have the 805 a Bren 2 would be an absolute.  I may just get the x39 Bren 2
View Quote

I actually just sold my 11" 805 to my FFL in exchange for a Bren 2 14" 5.56.  The Bren 2 is awesome.  I couldn't believe the weight difference between the two.  The ergonomics on the 2 are also much better.  It feels like a different gun, honestly.  I'm normally one who doesn't get about upgrading to the newest version of something, but I feel going from the 805 to 2 Ms was a huge step up.  YMMV, but I am happy I did it.
Link Posted: 5/14/2020 4:02:39 PM EDT
[#7]
From someone who has never shot the 2, is it as smooth as the 805??  That thing is like buttered glass!!

Thanks
Doc
Link Posted: 5/14/2020 5:02:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
What caliber and is it a pistol or SBR?

If its not an SBR and it is 5.56 one sold on GB for $1,400 recently.  But it also had a shockwave brace on it.
View Quote
This sounds about right.
I'd love to get a 11" FDE one someday. I already have an extra black lower and black stock. I just think that would be a cool combo.
Link Posted: 5/14/2020 5:38:19 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By DocGP:
From someone who has never shot the 2, is it as smooth as the 805??  That thing is like buttered glass!!

Thanks
Doc
View Quote

In terms of shooting they are about equal in regard to smoothness.  When you're just cycling them with no mag or anything in the 805 seems just a tad smoother.  My guess behind that is the separate piece for the non-reciprocating charging handle in the Bren 2 is adding a little extra resistance when cycling the action, where-as it is part of the bolt assembly on the 805 so there isn't an extra piece sliding around in there.  The 2 is still super smooth when cycling, it just feels like there is just a hair more resistance in the bolt than with the 805.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top