Site Notices
CZ Bren 2 (Page 90 of 102)
Page / 102
Link Posted: 2/20/2022 10:53:28 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By shooter_from_show-me:

@JackwagonJim

Guy on Reddit in the Bren2 subforum makes and sells small batches of them. He's out of CA. I'll see if I can get his info and forward it to if you'd like.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By JackwagonJim:
Originally Posted By kells81:
Ordered the stock kit and also a 10" HBI handguard for it.

Good stuff man

@kells81

My son and I worked on the Bren 2Ms today after church service. HBI trigger, handguard and safety selectors. Aimpoint PRO and a folding side charger handle.

Who makes that folding charging handle?

@JackwagonJim

Guy on Reddit in the Bren2 subforum makes and sells small batches of them. He's out of CA. I'll see if I can get his info and forward it to if you'd like.

Cool! Please do. You got any more pics you can post of it too?
Link Posted: 2/22/2022 2:09:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Turbo K and a 1-4 Zeiss this thing has officially passed my 11.5” Colt SBR as my favorite weapon.

Link Posted: 2/26/2022 9:30:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Maybe we can convince CZ to do another run of the 2S. I've been holding out for one or missing them on GB.
Link Posted: 2/27/2022 1:08:23 AM EDT
[#4]
Well, you can always call 1-800-955-4486 and say so. They could easily tool up in the old/new Colt factory, but politics might get in the way.
Link Posted: 2/27/2022 3:45:41 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By JackwagonJim:

Cool! Please do. You got any more pics you can post of it too?
View Quote

PM you the details
Link Posted: 2/27/2022 12:24:27 PM EDT
[#6]

PM you the details
View Quote

Thx!
Link Posted: 3/1/2022 4:14:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: IronBalaclava] [#7]
Does anybody have an OAL on the complete Type 1 stock assembly fully extended?

ETA: That'd be from the end of the stock knuckle that sits flush with the receiver, to the end of the stock fully extended.
It's for a proper Form 1 measurement.

Thanks,
IB
Link Posted: 3/1/2022 7:40:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By IronBalaclava:

ETA: That'd be from the end of the stock knuckle that sits flush with the receiver, to the end of the stock fully extended.

https://i.imgur.com/MrKIstel.jpg

Thanks,
IB
View Quote

9 3/4”
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 3:04:23 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By LIONHART:

9 3/4”
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By LIONHART:

https://i.imgur.com/MrKIstel.jpg

Thanks,
IB

9 3/4”

Confirmed by three people, Nice!

Regards,
IB
Link Posted: 3/8/2022 1:38:09 PM EDT
[#10]
Is it me that the Bren 2 is like a HK433 or is HK433 more like a Bren 2…

LOL
Link Posted: 3/9/2022 4:03:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MagnusActual] [#11]
Changed up my 11" Bren
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 3/13/2022 4:45:45 PM EDT
[#12]

Turbo K and a 1-4 Zeiss this thing has officially passed my 11.5” Colt SBR as my favorite weapon.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/43495/AE9879AC-07B6-4314-BE98-26CA5EE42ACF-2289020.jpg
View Quote

@kells81, is this .556? Very cool set up.
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 8:13:39 PM EDT
[#13]
Yes- 5.56 14” with pinned hider.  This is my new favorite setup.
Link Posted: 3/19/2022 10:18:11 PM EDT
[#14]
Yes- 5.56 14” with pinned hider.  This is my new favorite setup.
View Quote

I’m really enthralled with the Bren but I want it in 7.62x.39. Wish they’d get the bugs worked out if it
Link Posted: 3/31/2022 11:19:56 AM EDT
[#15]
Well, CZ finally sent me a new gas valve for my 9" 7.62 which I received about 1.5 weeks ago. It is not a production valve, but one of their prototypes that they said has proven to be effective. The reaon that they sent it to me was that i had been one of the first to bring the issues to their attetion, and i had just asked for an update about 3 weeks ago. I will be testing it out to see if it works. It is now a 3 position gas valve that is layed out as - normal +. The - setting was roughly .055", normal .065" and + .075" from what I remembered measuring with a caliper last week. There is also an information sheet included that I'll post as well either tonight or tomorrow.

Hope this is the light at the end of the tunnel.
Link Posted: 3/31/2022 3:44:02 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Tfdarchos:
Well, CZ finally sent me a new gas valve for my 9" 7.62 which I received about 1.5 weeks ago. It is not a production valve, but one of their prototypes that they said has proven to be effective. The reaon that they sent it to me was that i had been one of the first to bring the issues to their attetion, and i had just asked for an update about 3 weeks ago. I will be testing it out to see if it works. It is now a 3 position gas valve that is layed out as - normal +. The - setting was roughly .055", normal .065" and + .075" from what I remembered measuring with a caliper last week. There is also an information sheet included that I'll post as well either tonight or tomorrow.

View Quote

I would sell my Galil Ace 5.56 to get a Bren 2ms in 7.62x39 if they can fix the issues...
Link Posted: 3/31/2022 5:20:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Sweet5ltr] [#17]

View Quote

It's difficult to believe that they still don't have an official 'fix' for the Bren 2S / Ms in 7.62x39.
Link Posted: 3/31/2022 8:23:58 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By Sweet5ltr:

It's difficult to believe that they still don't have an official 'fix' for the Bren 2S / Ms in 7.62x39.
View Quote

Yeah I dont' understand it at all. Doesn't the GIGN use the 7.62 version? The only sense I can make from it is the GIGN(or whatever French force that is using them) are exclusively using brass cased and CZ doesn't care to fix because their main customers aren't having issues.
Link Posted: 3/31/2022 10:36:12 PM EDT
[#19]
Not sure if it's a deal but Bren 2 braces for $120
Rainer Arms Bren 2 Brace $120
Link Posted: 4/1/2022 9:50:27 PM EDT
[#20]
The bcg is different in the full auto guns.
Link Posted: 4/2/2022 7:14:34 AM EDT
[Last Edit: unrock] [#21]
Not sure about the issue with 762 guns.  But I’m sure that it is related to gas port size and BGC velocity.  It seems like the guns are over gassed.  

As designed for French Special Forces the gun was tuned to run on specific ammo type.   Here we run all kinds of ammo through these guns, thus, perhaps CZ failed to account for the variety in ammo.  This should not be difficult to solve, specifically for premier manufacturer like CZ.  I think the fix has been slow as this time they are trying to be bit more careful.

I have 2 Bren 2 both in 556.  One 14.5 with DA flash hider fixed to overall length of 16 inches.  And the other is 8 inch SBR.  They are very nice guns.  Also have receiver and mostly all parts to build 762 gun but the barrel.

Oh yeah, also have original Bren 805 SBR, fine rifle too.
Link Posted: 4/2/2022 6:11:50 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By Sweet5ltr:

View Quote

Did you have a chance to try the new gas plug today? How did it shoot?
Link Posted: 4/3/2022 7:37:16 AM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By DT120:
My current configuration. Waiting on Sandman-S then calling it done.

https://i.imgur.com/NnEAJus.jpg
View Quote

Sexy
Link Posted: 4/3/2022 4:01:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Tfdarchos] [#24]
At the range now, 1st round had a stovepipe. Total of 10 rounds fired with 5 malfunctions including 2 instances where the spent case stayed in the action when the live round attempted to feed, looking much like a double feed. I'm sure there is more wrong with this gun than just the gas port sizes, as most people had success with just the HBI fixes where I did not.

I'm going to give the gun a detail cleaning and try one more time before I contact CZ about it.
Link Posted: 4/3/2022 6:45:18 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By Dolor:

Yeah I dont' understand it at all. Doesn't the GIGN use the 7.62 version? The only sense I can make from it is the GIGN(or whatever French force that is using them) are exclusively using brass cased and CZ doesn't care to fix because their main customers aren't having issues.
View Quote

The full auto has entirely different carrier mass and cant really be compared to the semi auto
Link Posted: 4/3/2022 10:13:00 PM EDT
[#26]
At the range now, 1st round had a stovepipe. Total of 10 rounds fired with 5 malfunctions including 2 instances where the spent case stayed in the action when the live round attempted to feed, looking much like a double feed. I'm sure there is more wrong with this gun than just the gas port sizes, as most people had success with just the HBI fixes where I did not.

I'm going to give the gun a detail cleaning and try one more time before I contact CZ about it.
View Quote

Did you check your ejector spring. At the very beginning of this whole mess mine had issues and i took my ejector and spring out and there was metal shavings inside the opening and my spring was mangled up and flattened. I cleaned and replaced that and has worked perfect ever since without 1 failure. Cz sent me a replacement spring. This was before any issues were being reported. It was the first batch S model. Might be worth taking a look at it
Link Posted: 4/3/2022 11:38:23 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By gonnasellstuff:

Did you check your ejector spring. At the very beginning of this whole mess mine had issues and i took my ejector and spring out and there was metal shavings inside the opening and my spring was mangled up and flattened. I cleaned and replaced that and has worked perfect ever since without 1 failure. Cz sent me a replacement spring. This was before any issues were being reported. It was the first batch S model. Might be worth taking a look at it
View Quote

Yes, I was one of the first to bring the issue to light.
Link Posted: 4/5/2022 8:27:52 AM EDT
[#28]
There are a number of new 7.62x39 guns popping up on GunBroker...

I wonder if these are any different than the ones released earlier.

Hopefully this is a sign of supply chains opening up.
Link Posted: 4/5/2022 11:18:32 AM EDT
[Last Edit: apocalypserisin] [#29]
Lol speaking with CZ-USA, this is only for 9 and 14 guns. 11" guns have to wait anywhere from now until August for the regulator.  They also won't let me swap barrels as they said would be possible to the 9" once a fix was found.  Fucking pathetic.  They can break my barrel and toss in a demo gun barrel in the interim, but they cant give me a new fucking barrel.
Link Posted: 4/5/2022 12:19:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Zeebz] [#30]
14" x39 guns in stock at KyGunCo: https://www.kygunco.com/product/137972
Link Posted: 4/7/2022 3:13:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Sweet5ltr] [#31]
Originally Posted By gonnasellstuff:

View Quote

This solved the FTE issue with multiple 7.62's that were sent to HBI, including my Bren 2S.  

Again, CZ has been aware of this since day one.  I have thousands of rounds through my Bren 2S at this point with (0) malfunctions.  

Link Posted: 4/10/2022 9:34:52 PM EDT
[#32]
Has anyone turned down a 16" 5.56 barrel yet to get some weight off the gun?

Asking for a friend...
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 3:03:49 PM EDT
[#33]
Well, tried the range again today with poor results. Tried the stock piston spring this time on all 3 settings with failures every round.

However, I do believe it is directly related to extractor and ejector issues. Now, this gun has had both the ejector and extractor cleaned for debris multiple times.

While at the range, I tried ejecting a live round from the gun (something I never paid attention to apparently) and noticed the live round will barely clear the ejection port if cycled manually with a decent amount of force, and if cycled gently the round would either hang up on the bolt or fail to clear the ejection port.

Now, I'm asking a huge favor here.... can any of you with a working x39 bren 2 test ejection on a live round (safely please). Try slowly cycling the bolt and then quickly cycling as well.  Thanks!
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 6:22:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: apocalypserisin] [#34]

After getting my barrel broken, was able to coerce CZ to send me a 9" show gun barrel with the updated regulator.  Replacement barrel/bolt are matching 2018 s/n.  In this config, pretty close to GIGN's setup aside from the MAWL.  Shot through 4 mags with the new regulator + HBI spring, no FTE, but still some cases hitting the front of the ejection port.  Will do more shooting tomorrow.  Manually ejecting the rounds with a moderate pull of the handle, sends it flying a good 1-2 feet at 3:30 oclock-ish.  Slow cycling is similar, and clears ejection port fine.
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 7:06:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Sweet5ltr] [#35]
apocalypserisin, Make sure to clean the ejector spring channel.  That's been the issue (for most of these firearms) from day one.  My Bren 2S is 11", PA Micro Prism, Cloud Defense Rein, with a Griffin Armament can.

Love the look overall with the ACOG.
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 9:29:44 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By apocalypserisin:
https://i.redd.it/r4h65aqgnrt81.jpg

After getting my barrel broken, was able to coerce CZ to send me a 9" show gun barrel with the updated regulator.  Replacement barrel/bolt are matching 2018 s/n.  In this config, pretty close to GIGN's setup aside from the MAWL.  Shot through 4 mags with the new regulator + HBI spring, no FTE, but still some cases hitting the front of the ejection port.  Will do more shooting tomorrow.  Manually ejecting the rounds with a moderate pull of the handle, sends it flying a good 1-2 feet at 3:30 oclock-ish.  Slow cycling is similar, and clears ejection port fine.
View Quote

Thanks for checking the ejection, really appreciate it. Also, your Bren looks very nice!
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 11:47:10 PM EDT
[#37]
Noob question but which barrel is preferred among the folks here for the Bren 2 in 5.56? The 11” or the 14.5”?
Link Posted: 4/16/2022 1:10:04 PM EDT
[#38]
Thinking ahead, may run into another issue.  My plan was to throw a surefire 762 RC2 on this once it was running stable.  Looking at the flash hider on it currently, there is a 1/2 engraved at the base of the muzzle device.  Combining with the fact that the barrel is from 2018, im guessing its one of the dumbass x39 guns in 1/2x28 pitch.  Does SF make any 30 cal suppressor adapters in that pitch, or am I fucked with cans unless I rethread or something?
Link Posted: 4/16/2022 1:40:59 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By bob9181:
Noob question but which barrel is preferred among the folks here for the Bren 2 in 5.56? The 11” or the 14.5”?
View Quote

I went with an 11" because I knew I was going to SBR.  If you want to avoid that, you could get the 14.5 and pin&weld the flash hider.

Lots of discussion on barrel length in this thread.
Link Posted: 4/16/2022 3:59:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: mk4dubbin] [#40]
Originally Posted By apocalypserisin:
Thinking ahead, may run into another issue.  My plan was to throw a surefire 762 RC2 on this once it was running stable.  Looking at the flash hider on it currently, there is a 1/2 engraved at the base of the muzzle device.  Combining with the fact that the barrel is from 2018, im guessing its one of the dumbass x39 guns in 1/2x28 pitch.  Does SF make any 30 cal suppressor adapters in that pitch, or am I fucked with cans unless I rethread or something?
View Quote

Im not up to speed on what SF has available,, but I have a 1/2x28 30cal Griffin taper mount on mine
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/16/2022 4:01:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: mk4dubbin] [#41]
View Quote

I would have preferred an 11", but I guess now I dont have to buy a tax stamp for the 14.5 with p&w. If I get another Bren, ill get it in 11".
Link Posted: 4/17/2022 10:31:46 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 11:46:59 AM EDT
[Last Edit: apocalypserisin] [#43]
Put 4 more mags, for a total of 8 14 mags through the 9" with updated regulator + hbi spring, and no FTEs.  This is the longest my gun has gone since I bought it without malfunctions, so fingers crossed still.  Also seem to be seeing less cases dinging the front ejection port the more I shoot it.
Link Posted: 4/28/2022 10:44:29 PM EDT
[#44]
Just ordered a Bren 2 14” in 5.56. Want to pin and weld a flash hider or brake to make into a rifle. Any good recommendations highly appreciated with regards to the flash hiders or brakes.
Link Posted: 4/29/2022 12:22:19 AM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By mk4dubbin:

I would have preferred an 11", but I guess now I dont have to buy a tax stamp for the 14.5 with p&w. If I get another Bren, ill get it in 11".
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By mk4dubbin:

8” master race
Link Posted: 5/5/2022 1:55:13 PM EDT
[#46]
31 days for the stamp, E-file.

Only thing I regret, is the useless 8" barrel(should have at least gone with an 11"). I don't believe the compact size outweighs the garbage external and terminal ballistics
you'll get out of an 8", so it's strictly a range toy at this point.

The HB Industries 7.8" M-Lok Handguard is super slick-love it, and it's night and day over the factory HG. Only issue is that there's not enough clearance for a Surefire Scout M300 type with the Direct Light Mount version. Material needs to be removed from the front of the HG to allow the bezel/light head to clear properly.  

I'll probably add a Surefire SF3P muzzle device to utilize SF SOCOM556 RC2 at a later time. How are your 8" 5.56 guns running suppressed? Best aftermarket gas regulator?

Link Posted: 5/5/2022 2:45:31 PM EDT
[#47]

Only thing I regret, is the useless 8" barrel(should have at least gone with an 11"). I don't believe the compact size outweighs the garbage external and terminal ballistics

The HB Industries 7.8" M-Lok Handguard is super slick-love it, and it's night and day over the factory HG. Only issue is that there's not enough clearance for a Surefire Scout M300 type with the Direct Light Mount version. Material needs to be removed from the front of the HG to allow the bezel/light head to clear properly.  

I'll probably add a Surefire SF3P muzzle device to utilize SF SOCOM556 RC2 at a later time. How are your 8" 5.56 guns running suppressed? Best aftermarket gas regulator?

https://i.imgur.com/gq0XJtJ.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/xwETNIG.jpg
View Quote

Sick! They really did a good job on the bren 2. I gotta get me one...or two.
Link Posted: 5/5/2022 3:14:08 PM EDT
[#48]

View Quote

Bah, it’s a great size and fast 50-52gr bullets that stay together like tsx or Hornady gmx it’s good till 100 or so with rifle ballistics, and much handier with a can as well.
Link Posted: 5/5/2022 10:31:12 PM EDT
[#49]
No such thing as an "aftermarket gas regulator".  You'll have to drill a port in the 3rd position do your desired specs.  HBI offers that service or you could call and ask what size has worked for them.  

View Quote

Link Posted: 5/6/2022 3:39:19 PM EDT
[#50]
I’m leaning to the 14” if the if the asr flash hider will get it to 16”
Page / 102
CZ Bren 2 (Page 90 of 102)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top