Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/6/2018 10:34:48 AM EDT
An older gent I know has 2 semi belt feds for sale plus a pan drum DP 28. He has a US Ordnance M1919 with spade grips and tripod, a Keeter Creek Machine Polish DP 28 M with accessories and a DSA built RPD. Reviews seem to be inconsistent depending on the web sites you read and he's asking 2k for each but is willing to bundle 2 for $3500. All of these are a few years old and have never been fired by the old guy so we don't know how well they run.  I know nothing about semi belt feds but this is a offer I can't pass up. I'm going to post a poll.

PS
I'm aware the DP isn't belt fed.
Link Posted: 8/6/2018 12:02:49 PM EDT
[#1]
1919/rpd
Link Posted: 8/6/2018 12:19:47 PM EDT
[#2]
I have an RPD.  It's cool.  I think I would rather have a DP28.

You can't go wrong.  7.62 x 39 is certainly the easiest and cheapest to shoot.
Link Posted: 8/7/2018 1:32:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Just found out the M1919 is an Ohio Rapid Fire so I think i may pass.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 11:45:02 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Why ? I know 3 people who own them or have owned Ohio Rapidfire guns. There is nothing on a 1919 that is hard to sort out. Parts are easy to find and still reasonable to buy. It may take 100 rounds are so to bear it in. Buy Israeli links and have at it.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 11:49:38 AM EDT
[#5]
DSA RPD sure is a lot of fun.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 4:09:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Why ? I know 3 people who own them or have owned Ohio Rapidfire guns. There is nothing on a 1919 that is hard to sort out. Parts are easy to find and still reasonable to buy. It may take 100 rounds are so to bear it in. Buy Israeli links and have at it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
From what I've read (I know.......internet) that a lot of ORF M1919's had issues. This one also had aftermarket spade grips so I was extra worried on how it would run. Anyways.............I got the DS Arms RPD and the Polish DPM.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 8:49:07 PM EDT
[#7]
I think you made the right choices. I don't have much info about those semi-auto versions, but I love my Polish RPD. It's very fun and cheap to shoot.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 9:12:05 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I think you made the right choices. I don't have much info about those semi-auto versions, but I love my Polish RPD. It's very fun and cheap to shoot.
View Quote
I think so as well.  The seller allowed me to "bundle" these at a decent price where I could now sell one to pay for the both at this point. Now I'm trying to figure out which one I will permanently keep. I have zero 7.62x39 but have 2 thousand rounds of 7.62x54r. While it appears the belt fed would be more cool to own the ton of 54r is swaying me that way. 1st world problems yo...........
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 1:36:52 PM EDT
[#9]
Nice.
I've never fired a DP 28 but I think I'd favor the RPD.
SGAmmo can ship you a lot of 7.62x39 real quick.
DSA also makes a quad rail for it if you want to add modern accessories.
Link Posted: 8/21/2018 11:17:53 AM EDT
[#10]
The RP46 belt feed conversion by SMG will most definitely make that DP28 run belts :)

https://www.forgottenweapons.com/reproduction-rp-46-belt-feed-conversion-from-smg-guns/
Link Posted: 9/12/2018 7:10:32 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote
I had at one time 2 Ohio Rapid fire 1919s.  Both ran like champs.
Link Posted: 9/12/2018 5:01:59 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
1919/rpd
View Quote
Link Posted: 9/12/2018 10:08:19 PM EDT
[#13]
My dad bought an Ohio Rapid Fire 1919 about 15 years ago. It was a total POS and we had to replace all the internals with KMP designed parts to get it to run right.

The sear was a thin piece of sheet metal riveted to the original full auto sear which had the ears ground off. The rear sight base was bent, barrel jacket was drilled wrong for the barrel jacket screw, and the breech cam in the bottom of the receiver was way too loose.

I would not buy the Ohio Rapid Fire 1919 unless you inspect it and verify that the internals are KMP machined parts.
Link Posted: 9/20/2018 2:20:04 AM EDT
[#14]
RPD for sure and also the DP28.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top