Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/7/2017 2:57:44 PM EDT
Took my new rifle (Ruger GSR) out the other day and had a surprise 

Brass cased - no issues

I started shooting some Tula 308 I had and after a couple rounds I got a face full of gas and power.  Checked everything and all seemed fine. No obstructions.  Turns out I picked up the wrong case off the ground.

A few rounds later it does the same thing and I start to investigate further and find two cases with a seperation at the head.  I checked all of them.  No bulging primers, it shot well otherwise.  

Im not sure what steps I need to take, or just not shot this stuff anymore?

the brass cases all seemed A-OK, a couple for example

Thanks 

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/7/2017 3:26:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Don't shoot any more of that in your rifle.   You're likely torching/eroding your bolt with hot gases.

It's probably defective ammo but you might check your headspace in case that's part of it.
Link Posted: 9/7/2017 3:48:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 11:06:40 AM EDT
[#3]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top