Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/26/2013 12:21:35 PM EDT
Has anybody had issues shooting Magtech/CBC 7.62x51 out of a Remington 700 SPS Tactical AAC-SD or any other 700? I can get plenty of it for $37 per 50 rounds if that is a good price. I never checked 7.62x51 or .308 prices before the madness. I want some cheaper stuff for general shooting.
Link Posted: 5/26/2013 3:27:36 PM EDT
[#1]
ive shot it through ar10s/cans w/o issue
Link Posted: 5/26/2013 4:00:11 PM EDT
[#2]
I picked up 100rds of this stuff for $0.75 /rd. Not the best price but 7.62/.308 was the hardest to find caliber in my area. Haven shot any of it yet so Im interested in how it preforms as well.
Link Posted: 7/16/2013 10:07:55 PM EDT
[#3]
I bought 250 rounds of Magtech 7.62x51 hoping to use it as cheaper ammo. The brass starts to get stuck after firing 2 to 3 rounds though. I don't have any issues chambering the round. Has anybody else had an issue using Magtech or any other 7.62x51 in their AAC-SD? I'd try some other 7.62x51 if I could find some... I have tried some Hornady .308 and it worked fine. The only other thing I can think of is that the chamber is on the tight end of the allowed specs.

I thought about trying the precision rifle section but I'll see if I can get results here first.
Link Posted: 7/20/2013 8:01:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I bought 250 rounds of Magtech 7.62x51 hoping to use it as cheaper ammo. The brass starts to get stuck after firing 2 to 3 rounds though. I don't have any issues chambering the round. Has anybody else had an issue using Magtech or any other 7.62x51 in their AAC-SD? I'd try some other 7.62x51 if I could find some... I have tried some Hornady .308 and it worked fine. The only other thing I can think of is that the chamber is on the tight end of the allowed specs.

I thought about trying the precision rifle section but I'll see if I can get results here first.
View Quote

CBC brass is super soft and seizes bolts up frequently.
Link Posted: 7/20/2013 10:50:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks. I've been looking for smaller quantities of other 7.62x51 to try. I ran a bunch of CBC 5.56 through my AR15 without any problems. I didn't find much negative stuff about it online so I bought a bunch of the 7.62 stuff.
Link Posted: 7/21/2013 4:07:06 PM EDT
[#6]
no problem.  I actually went through one hell of a time trying to figure out what was going on with my rifle.  I had a bunch of this Magtech also that I had shot through my FAL.  I then re-sized, trimmed, and loaded those cases for my Savage 10.  Regardless of the load, the bolt would stick rather frequently.  They would chamber just fine.  I finally started seeing other posts about CBC bras making bolts stick, etc...in one of those posts, someone had stated it is common when firing CBC brass through bolt rifles that it makes the bolt stick because it is such a soft alloy composition.  

If you peruse posts here and on the Hide long enough, you see it every now and again.  I am happy to help folks out when I see it, so they don't waste as much time and money as I did.  Just switch brass and 9/10 you'll be fine.
Link Posted: 7/23/2013 6:35:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 7:28:21 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
We have a couple of SCAR 17s that gobble this stuff up without issue and fairly decent accuracy.
View Quote

This makes me feel better as I have a few thousands rounds of this stuff I had planned using in my Scar 17.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top