Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/13/2013 3:31:37 PM EDT
I have no idea on these. its a 308 fn fal, .22 llima pinstol, and i know nothing on the AK - I just have no idea, i was asking 3K for the 4 wheeler.
Link Posted: 2/13/2013 3:34:36 PM EDT
[#1]
I would, especially with today's market.
Link Posted: 2/13/2013 3:36:21 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

you know you can always get another 4 wheeler

Link Posted: 2/13/2013 3:36:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Looks like about $2K to me.
Link Posted: 2/13/2013 3:37:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Yea - wife wants a vacation, and the interest in the 4 wheeler is low. Just didnt know if I could turn these for around 3K.

Quoted:

Link Posted: 2/13/2013 3:37:23 PM EDT
[#5]
need more details on FAL and AK. Could be a good deal, maybe not.
Link Posted: 2/13/2013 3:41:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I'm kinda' here too.  The FAL, unless its something special, is about $1000-1,400'. The AK is $800-1,200.  The .22 is maybe $300.

That's with all the mags and NOT totally off the wall panic prices.
Link Posted: 2/13/2013 3:48:42 PM EDT
[#7]

how to tell on the FAL if it's anything but normal?

Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm kinda' here too.  The FAL, unless its something special, is about $1000-1,400'. The AK is $800-1,200.  The .22 is maybe $300.

That's with all the mags and NOT totally off the wall panic prices.

Link Posted: 2/13/2013 3:50:23 PM EDT
[#8]
this is the receiver of the FAL

Link Posted: 2/13/2013 4:13:52 PM EDT
[#9]
Hesse is bad, from what I understand.
Link Posted: 2/13/2013 4:22:20 PM EDT
[#10]
Guy just said the AK is an older Chinese MAK 90
Link Posted: 2/13/2013 4:45:51 PM EDT
[#11]
That FAL has an Imbel receiver which is HIGHLY desirable, and it looks like it may be built on an STG kit. The AK is a Mak-90. I'd do it since you don't have any interest in the 4 wheeler.
Link Posted: 2/13/2013 4:51:29 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
That FAL has an Imbel receiver which is HIGHLY desirable, and it looks like it may be built on an STG kit. The AK is a Mak-90. I'd do it since you don't have any interest in the 4 wheeler.

yep & mak 90's are too  if you are in no hurry to sell (give it more than a few weeks you should be able to get close to 3K  especially if you sell the mags alone.)
Link Posted: 2/13/2013 5:07:54 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:

yep & mak 90's are too  if you are in no hurry to sell (give it more than a few weeks you should be able to get close to 3K  especially if you sell the mags alone.)

Yep, both of the above get it up to the $3k range with the .22 and accessories.  May be a bit more depending on the condition of both if lightly used.
Link Posted: 2/13/2013 5:23:48 PM EDT
[#14]
Looks like no more than $1500 worth of gear to me.  That FAL looks rough, and the HESSE build is a big negative.  I'd say it is worth no more than $700 today, and will be worth less when the current bubble bursts.  The MAK-90 is worth $600-700.  The Llama is worth $150-200.
Link Posted: 2/13/2013 5:31:36 PM EDT
[#15]
Thanks everyone I really appreciate the input - going to sleep on it - leaning on no since I would have to part out everything to come close to 3k from what I can see
Link Posted: 2/13/2013 5:39:23 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
need more details on FAL and AK. Could be a good deal, maybe not.

+1, we need some details to give you good advice
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 1:32:34 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Looks like no more than $1500 worth of gear to me.  That FAL looks rough, and the HESSE build is a big negative.  I'd say it is worth no more than $700 today, and will be worth less when the current bubble bursts.  The MAK-90 is worth $600-700.  The Llama is worth $150-200.

really? He wants to make money, if he did the trade and turned around and threw both those rifles on gun broker I feel he could get close to 3k or closer to 2500.
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 6:26:20 PM EDT
[#18]
Does this thread make anyone else think about bangin the chick from barter kings?

Personally I hate buying and selling stuff. I'd hold out to just sell it for cash.

If you do this, then you have to try and sell all those before the panic dies, just to get cash.
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 6:35:36 PM EDT
[#19]
Nice mak90's were going for $900 last week, and a hesse fal with an imbel rec. is right about that same range. Basically gettjng $2k gunbroker value.
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 6:36:27 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Does this thread make anyone else think about bangin the chick from barter kings?

Personally I hate buying and selling stuff. I'd hold out to just sell it for cash.

If you do this, then you have to try and sell all those before the panic dies, just to get cash.

Never seen the show but you made me Google so I could see WTF you were talking about. Yeah she is definitely but I would like her more without the TAT'S but that's just me.
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 9:41:09 PM EDT
[#21]
Don't do it, even if you're only planning on flipping the guns.

Hesse is junk and so is Llama. I had a catastrophic failure with a Hesse HK91 clone about a decade ago after ~40 rounds (before I knew better) and I've seen the rear sight fall off of a Llama 1911 clone right out of the box. The MAK-90 is a good gun, but not $3k good.
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 5:46:46 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Don't do it, even if you're only planning on flipping the guns.

Hesse is junk and so is Llama. I had a catastrophic failure with a Hesse HK91 clone about a decade ago after ~40 rounds (before I knew better) and I've seen the rear sight fall off of a Llama 1911 clone right out of the box. The MAK-90 is a good gun, but not $3k good.

It's not MADE by Hesse like your G3 clone. The receiver was only IMPORTED by them.
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 6:07:18 AM EDT
[#23]
With the poly furniture, that mak is only worth about $600. Add the mags and thats maybe $100 more. With some type 56 or polytech furniture, it would have a little more value.

The FAL is probably worth $800-1k, and another hundred for the mags, which is very generous.

The llama .22 has zero value to me.

Sure you can add some inflated value due to the panic factor,  but not doubling each guns value.

If your atv is 3k firm, then no way!

If you're negotiable, maybe. Would you take 2k for the atv?
Dont forget reselling may have fees involved.
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 7:01:48 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Never seen the show but you made me Google so I could see WTF you were talking about. Yeah she is definitely but I would like her more without the TAT'S but that's just me.

I don't like tats (my wife has a few on her back, meh) but she def. comes off as a girl with daddy's issues and a huge need for attention. Those are fun for a few weeks.
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 7:54:02 AM EDT
[#25]
first off you need to check and see if the Fal has all the right parts and if the parts are matching. looking at the pix, it looks like an early wood stocked one. these are not too common. if its all matching parts kit, its worth more than the usual Fal.

should hav serial # on the lower receiver by the grip and under the handguards on the barrel. Bolt and carrier are numbered also. if they match, snap it up

Also, just by looking at it, i really doubt that the Fal has enough 922 parts. grip looks original, as do the handguards and muzzle device
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 8:21:35 AM EDT
[#26]
I'd turn it down, period.

The AK is a post-ban Norinco MAK-90 with plastic butthole stock.  It's a decent AK that would normally be worth about $500 last year.  Right now it would probably command about $1k, but that figure changes on a daily basis (I did sell an identical used MAK-90 for about $900 a month ago in the store, FWIW).  As an AK, it's of decent internal quality, but the post-ban configuration makes it annoying to upgrade the furniture and make it decently tactical.  Furthermore the typical bluing on those rifles, while decently attractive, is terribly poor at preventing rust in even the driest of environments.  To build a nice AK out of the MAK-90 expect to spend several hundred dollars upgrading the parts, and then a refinishing job.

While the FAL receive is made by IMBEL, the rest of the parts look to be from a variety of sources, so who knows how well any of it has actually been fitted.  Reliability may be fine, or it may be a piece of shit.  In a normal market it's worth about $800, but I'd be inclined to steer clear of it if you want a nice FAL.  If you just want a beater 308, it'll probably serve OK.

Who knows on the 22LR...they run for about $200-250 when encountered for sale in stores.  It may or may not function properly.  Finding parts will be a challenge, if you need to fix anything on it.
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 8:59:41 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:

really? He wants to make money, if he did the trade and turned around and threw both those rifles on gun broker I feel he could get close to 3k or closer to 2500.

No way.  That Hesse gun is worth less than the sum of its parts.  The MAK-90 would be worth $900 if it was NIB, with the original furniture.  With that craptastic stock on it, and in used condition, it is $600-700.  The Llama is worth less than $200.  
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 7:03:28 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No way.  That Hesse gun is worth less than the sum of its parts.  The MAK-90 would be worth $900 if it was NIB, with the original furniture.  With that craptastic stock on it, and in used condition, it is $600-700.  The Llama is worth less than $200.  

The receiver alone could go for over $500 if you get the right buyer.
Link Posted: 2/17/2013 7:26:33 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

True, an unmolested Imbel receiver is worth more than $500.  But an Imbel receiver that has been assembled (and possible damaged) by Hesse using unknown parts is "worth less than the sum of its parts."

Link Posted: 2/17/2013 7:34:44 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

True, an unmolested Imbel receiver is worth more than $500.  But an Imbel receiver that has been assembled (and possible damaged) by Hesse using unknown parts is "worth less than the sum of its parts."

That's assuming it was built by Hesse.
Link Posted: 2/17/2013 10:20:25 AM EDT
[#31]
Just say NO. The. Mak is worth $500-600 normal price (means you're guaranteed to get). Hesse fal is $700 max and that's because of the receiver. The panic is dying, people are out of money so anything more is a gamble. Pistol is worthless. Basically you guaranteed $1200-1300 and luck might get you more. No where near $3000 there.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top