Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 124
Link Posted: 9/17/2017 10:01:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Bipod looks like a re-hash of the Parker Hale design

Maybe they took the slimming down too far?

I know that AI offer rubber "shoes" that slip onto the PH/AI bipod, these may be a fix for the Beretta copy too
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 2:55:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Picked up my 3rd ARX from Academy this weekend.  

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 3:20:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Have they dropped in price further? I wanna pick one up.
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 4:21:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Frost7] [#4]
Still the same price as far as I can tell. Should probably pick one up while you can at these prices. The most likely scenario is Beretta is trying to clear out Accokeek inventory for when the ARX line is back up and running at the Gallatin plant.
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 8:15:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Ivan1:
Have they dropped in price further? I wanna pick one up.
View Quote
My latest was $879 at Academy.
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 9:24:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By ken_mays:

View Quote
No academy here, will they ship?
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 10:21:54 PM EDT
[#7]
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ken_mays:

The guy behind the counter at my local one said they do when I went in to try out the APX once they got them in stock.
Link Posted: 9/20/2017 11:46:27 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Frost7:

The guy behind the counter at my local one said they do when I went in to try out the APX once they got them in stock.
View Quote
Just checked the website. Says no online orders. I imagine you can go in and pay for it and have it shipped if you are an out of state buyer.
Link Posted: 9/26/2017 8:19:19 PM EDT
[#9]
So i installed the enlarged cocking handle from Beretta, now I can't get it off to remove the bolt to clean Is there a trick to it and I'm being dumb or am I going to have to use Gorilla strength?
Link Posted: 9/26/2017 8:23:43 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/26/2017 9:22:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: vellnueve] [#11]
Originally Posted By MrMitch:
So i installed the enlarged cocking handle from Beretta, now I can't get it off to remove the bolt to clean Is there a trick to it and I'm being dumb or am I going to have to use Gorilla strength?
View Quote
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/26/2017 9:55:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: sgwlower] [#12]
View Quote
Take a shoe string, wrap around underneath it and pull. The first time off is a little bear, after that she will loosen up!
Link Posted: 9/26/2017 9:55:40 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By coctailer:
http://a66.tinypic.com/2czeazo.jpg
View Quote
Factory sbr? Or did you manage to find a barrel?
Link Posted: 9/26/2017 10:41:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Frost7] [#14]
View Quote
Grip very firmly, yank hard outward. You won't damage anything as long as nothing's in your arm's path. The gun certainly won't care. If that doesn't work, yank as hard as you can. If that still doesn't work, grow stronger.

As sgwlower says, it'll loosen up a little with time. Mine required a HARD yank the first four or five times, and after that required only a firm pull.
Link Posted: 9/26/2017 10:43:11 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By Frost7:

Grip very firmly, yank hard outward. You won't damage anything as long as nothing's in your arm's path. The gun certainly won't care. If that doesn't work, yank as hard as you can. If that still doesn't work, grow stronger.
View Quote

Forrest
Link Posted: 9/27/2017 6:13:54 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 9/27/2017 6:40:59 AM EDT
[#17]
They weren't for a while, then Beretta decided to move to Tenn, barrel production stopped.
Link Posted: 9/28/2017 7:53:13 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Conqueror] [#18]
Those of you with Trijicon RMRs or other similar dot sights on your ARX, what's the best mount height? I had a couple backordered with the Cabela's deal and they finally shipped. I don't care much about cowitness with the irons, more about sight picture through the glass when I bring the rifle up. I use QD mounts so if I need the irons I can just pop the RMR off. I don't use a cheek riser.
Link Posted: 9/28/2017 10:56:49 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By Conqueror:
Those of you with Trijicon RMRs or other similar dot sights on your ARX, what's the best mount height? I had a couple backordered with the Cabela's deal and they finally shipped. I don't care much about cowitness with the irons, more about sight picture through the glass when I bring the rifle up. I use QD mounts so if I need the irons I can just pop the RMR off. I don't use a cheek riser.
View Quote
I run this guy:

Fuck Mark Larue
Link Posted: 9/28/2017 1:54:24 PM EDT
[#20]
View Quote
I have one from the Cabela's deal with the free UTG mounts. I tried the the low mount on my ARX and I really liked the height and sight presentation. The backup sight do set to high tho, they obscure the bottom third or so of the window even when folded. I don't like that at all. Honestly to me the solution is to replace the crappy sights the ARX came with, but if your looking to run those and an RMR you'll want something just a touch taller than the UTG low mount.

Also, a pair of vise grips later, I got the damn cocking handle off.
Link Posted: 9/28/2017 2:54:31 PM EDT
[#21]
Yeah, I pulled the factory BUPS off the ARXs and prefer a low mount with no cheek riser.
Link Posted: 9/28/2017 7:48:53 PM EDT
[#22]
Ok, so I took the plunge. Went to Academy this morning and walked out with an ARX-100.

I had been lusting after something that wasn't an AR but I didn't have to invest in a bunch of mags for. The ARX fit the bill. Piston  driven, quick change barrel, folding stock. The ability to go full lefty with it is kinda cool. For less than $900, I figured why not.

Just ordered the big cocking handle. The BUIS does absolutely suck.
Link Posted: 9/28/2017 8:10:37 PM EDT
[#23]
For those that can't wait until the 10" barrel kits got in stock. This is an option..

Beretta ARX100 SBR Parts Kit w/10" Barrel
Link Posted: 9/28/2017 9:33:01 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By cabbynate:
For those that can't wait until the 10" barrel kits got in stock. This is an option..

View Quote
Now they just need to get the -200 on the menu.
Link Posted: 9/28/2017 9:50:10 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By glklvr:
Ok, so I took the plunge. Went to Academy this morning and walked out with an ARX-100.

I had been lusting after something that wasn't an AR but I didn't have to invest in a bunch of mags for. The ARX fit the bill. Piston  driven, quick change barrel, folding stock. The ability to go full lefty with it is kinda cool. For less than $900, I figured why not.

Just ordered the big cocking handle. The BUIS does absolutely suck.
View Quote
Congrats! They're cool rifles, especially for the price and if you want a non-AR.
Link Posted: 9/28/2017 10:00:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Conqueror] [#26]

I have one from the Cabela's deal with the free UTG mounts. I tried the the low mount on my ARX and I really liked the height and sight presentation. The backup sight do set to high tho, they obscure the bottom third or so of the window even when folded. I don't like that at all. Honestly to me the solution is to replace the crappy sights the ARX came with, but if your looking to run those and an RMR you'll want something just a touch taller than the UTG low mount.

Also, a pair of vise grips later, I got the damn cocking handle off.
View Quote
Yeah, the first thing I did was toss the plastic sights and put on some MBUS Pros. They are much lower-profile than the stock ones. It sounds like most people favor the ultra-low mounts.

Did that guy on Ebay stop selling his all-metal large cocking handles? Seems like everyone is getting the Beretta sleeve-thingy. I have a metal cocking handle from a couple years ago and it is the tits. Replaces the stock handle and still allows swapping sides.
Link Posted: 9/28/2017 10:27:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: glklvr] [#27]
What are people using for replacement irons? I'm assuming I need HK416/SCAR height? I know Troy has their micros but I'm not looking g to spend that much...yet.
Link Posted: 9/28/2017 10:35:53 PM EDT
[#28]
What are people using for replacement irons? I'm assuming I need HK416/SCAR height? I know Troy has their micros but I'm not looking g to spend that much...yet.
View Quote
I scoured the interwebs to find a set from a Scorpion Evo. They don't flip, but makes for a great cheek weld.
Link Posted: 9/28/2017 10:50:01 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By SmartDrug:

I scoured the interwebs to find a set from a Scorpion Evo. They don't flip, but makes for a great cheek weld.
View Quote
That’s what I went with too. I replaced my Bren sights with some magpul pros, and just used the factory lo pro sights on my ARX.
Link Posted: 9/29/2017 11:38:56 AM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By cabbynate:

View Quote
SBR parts kits all of a sudden? Botach used to sell the barrels by themselves. Makes me think Beretta is getting ready to pull a Sig trick and dump the ARX100 line.
Link Posted: 9/29/2017 12:04:06 PM EDT
[#31]
No, more likely they had a huge pile of SBRs that weren't moving in the unhappy post-41F world and are trying a plan B to sell them.

For the price, if I could do the old trust transfer, I'd buy one because it was cheap.  But not as long and as difficult as the ATF has made it.

Maybe if the price goes down a little more I'd buy a parts kit, though I only have my coyote ARX now.
Link Posted: 9/29/2017 12:54:02 PM EDT
[#32]
If you have an ARX, why would you need a parts kit instead of just the barrel?
Link Posted: 9/29/2017 1:17:30 PM EDT
[#33]
View Quote
The cheek weld on the stock puts the rail higher than an AR of course. You could mount a lot of dots directly on the rail without a riser and they'd be fine.

I may take the irons off of my CZ Skorpion and put them on my ARX and get some manner of dot to put flatter on the rail. I do have a little cheek riser that works well with an AR height sight, tho.
Link Posted: 9/29/2017 3:37:43 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By Firecop203:

SBR parts kits all of a sudden? Botach used to sell the barrels by themselves. Makes me think Beretta is getting ready to pull a Sig trick and dump the ARX100 line.
View Quote
I don't think Beretta has a lot of cost going into the ARX. It's pretty much a semi version of the assault rifle, so they probably don't care how many they sell. It's not like they have this huge support chain they have to justify costs for.
Link Posted: 9/29/2017 3:39:20 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By TATBME:
If you have an ARX, why would you need a parts kit instead of just the barrel?
View Quote
For starters, spare parts.
Link Posted: 9/29/2017 5:33:54 PM EDT
[#36]

View Quote
Bingo, plus the barrels are in obtanium at the moment.
Link Posted: 9/29/2017 10:19:57 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By sgwlower:

Bingo, plus the barrels are in obtanium at the moment.
View Quote
How much did Botach sell the barrel assemblies for?
Link Posted: 9/29/2017 10:31:54 PM EDT
[#38]

View Quote
And more money. When they had barrels in stock they were cheaper than what Beretta had on their website. You know they’re going to make a profit if they sell anything at all. I’m sure these kits will sell out quickly.
Link Posted: 9/29/2017 10:40:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Frost7] [#39]
Originally Posted By Findsman:
No, more likely they had a huge pile of SBRs that weren't moving in the unhappy post-41F world and are trying a plan B to sell them.

For the price, if I could do the old trust transfer, I'd buy one because it was cheap.  But not as long and as difficult as the ATF has made it.

Maybe if the price goes down a little more I'd buy a parts kit, though I only have my coyote ARX now.
View Quote
This is what I'm betting it is.

Personally, I'm hoping the SBRs stay available a while longer at their current price. Since my plan of buying the SBR barrel and SBRing one of my ARXes went south due to lack of supply, I'm thinking of selling off two of my three ARXs, buying the SBR, and turning my current one into a parts horse once it's approved.
Link Posted: 9/30/2017 1:20:54 AM EDT
[#40]

And more money. When they had barrels in stock they were cheaper than what Beretta had on their website. You know they’re going to make a profit if they sell anything at all. I’m sure these kits will sell out quickly.
View Quote
I bought a complete rifle for $825, you really think they're going to move the parts kit for even money?
Link Posted: 9/30/2017 2:19:55 AM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By Matthew_Q:

The cheek weld on the stock puts the rail higher than an AR of course. You could mount a lot of dots directly on the rail without a riser and they'd be fine.

I may take the irons off of my CZ Skorpion and put them on my ARX and get some manner of dot to put flatter on the rail. I do have a little cheek riser that works well with an AR height sight, tho.
View Quote
Yeah it seems like the only time you need a cheekpiece and optic riser is if you want BUIS that would interfere with a direct mounting on the rail.  I don't have any backup sights on mine since these just don't need 'em.
Link Posted: 9/30/2017 11:45:23 AM EDT
[#42]

View All Quotes

That does make sense. But what are they going to do with all the registered receivers if they stripped the parts off of them to sell as kits?

I bought a complete rifle for $825, you really think they're going to move the parts kit for even money?
Yep, I think there are people out there who would jump at the chance because they haven’t been able to find them and may not get another chance.  Now that you mention it, I do remember seeing them advertise factory SBR’s for $899.00.
Link Posted: 9/30/2017 12:16:14 PM EDT
[#43]

That does make sense. But what are they going to do with all the registered receivers if they stripped the parts off of them to sell as kits?

Yep, I think there are people out there who would jump at the chance because they haven’t been able to find them and may not get another chance.  Now that you mention it, I do remember seeing them advertise factory SBR’s for $899.00.
View Quote
That was my point. I can't understand who would buy a parts kit when a complete rifle or SBR is about the same price.  Even with the parts kit, where would you find an ARX receiver? Would you need to buy the complete rifle and the parts kit, wait the time for a stamp and assemble?
Link Posted: 9/30/2017 12:17:53 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 9/30/2017 3:04:33 PM EDT
[#45]

View All Quotes

Band saw, torch, or big hydraulic press and some letters to the ATF noting the receivers were destroyed. Same as how former LE MP5 parts kits happen.
Link Posted: 9/30/2017 7:16:02 PM EDT
[#46]
I picked up an ARX-100 today at Academy for $879.  So far, I really like it with one glaring exception: the A2 style pistol grip.  Has anyone ground the nub down?  Is there enough plastic so that it's not too thin after a little Dremeling?
Link Posted: 9/30/2017 11:46:53 PM EDT
[#47]

That was my point. I can't understand who would buy a parts kit when a complete rifle or SBR is about the same price.  Even with the parts kit, where would you find an ARX receiver? Would you need to buy the complete rifle and the parts kit, wait the time for a stamp and assemble?
View Quote
Because it saves you a six month wait and gives you a full set of spares for your existing ARX.
Link Posted: 10/1/2017 4:27:23 AM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By vellnueve:
Because it saves you a six month wait and gives you a full set of spares for your existing ARX.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By vellnueve:

But if you already owned an ARX100, wouldn't it be illegal to buy a short barrel kit due to it being "constructive intent" or some such, that is if you didn't go through the process of an SBR form?
Link Posted: 10/1/2017 6:36:48 AM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By Capta:

But if you already owned an ARX100, wouldn't it be illegal to buy a short barrel kit due to it being "constructive intent" or some such, that is if you didn't go through the process of an SBR form?
View Quote
Nothing wrong with buying the short barrel- I just wouldn't keep it in the house.
Link Posted: 10/1/2017 8:24:45 AM EDT
[Last Edit: coctailer] [#50]
Page / 124
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top