Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/20/2011 4:39:03 AM EDT
I'm slowly rebuilding my gun collection.  
So far I have
22 mark II
10/22 charger
38spl lcr
Glock 35
Springfield 1911
870 express mag
91/30 mosin negant
9422 mag lever
Remington 700 6mm
Ruger gunsite scout.
Wife has a chik lady charter arms revolver and I just secured a lower to start her pink ar15 build.  

I want something semi auto and evil.  some where between home defense and shtf, long range isn't necessary. But compact is a must.    Close combat/ assult rifle.
I tossing up the idea of a ps90 or msar aug clone.  Trying to stay away from ar's and ak's.  But ya never know.  

Link Posted: 6/20/2011 5:34:52 AM EDT
[#1]
Take a look at the PTR32PDW

Small
compact
7.62X39
Takes AK mags
Ablity to convert to SBR if/when you want to
PTR32 PDW
Link Posted: 6/20/2011 6:14:07 AM EDT
[#2]
Stick with .223 as ammo is more readily available and you have a lot more brands to choose from for various types of shooting.
Link Posted: 6/20/2011 7:03:16 AM EDT
[#3]
Could do an AK74 in the 5.45x39. Surplus ammo is plentiful for plinking, but IDK about quality HD ammo. SBRing is an option, as well as a folding stock to make it more compact.
Link Posted: 6/20/2011 7:34:48 AM EDT
[#4]
You need a battle rifle in 7.62 NATO.  Look for a FAL or M1A.
Link Posted: 6/20/2011 11:05:06 AM EDT
[#5]
After the charger, I'm over those kind of pistols.  Although a sbr would be sweet.  223 is a good round, and since my wife is going to have a ar mags could be stocked up.  
I have the scout in 308, looking more for a assult rifle not a battle rifle.  
I could do 2 or 3 ar builds, might not be a bad idea to stock up.  
Maybe a ar build, a folding stock ak, and a quality optic.    
Acog's do make rifles fun

Link Posted: 6/20/2011 2:00:06 PM EDT
[#6]
An M1A scout or scout/squad would be my choice given your needs and budget if you are not big on the AR

I sold my PTR-91 and picked up an AR-10C

I wanted a light weight hog blaster with 25rd mags that would run with my 7.62SD can.
If I was going to do it again today I would go with this one

My PTR never skipped a beat I just prefer the AR platform.
Link Posted: 6/20/2011 4:11:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Why stay away from the AR or AK.  Those are the top two I would pick.  The PS90 is an overpriced toy and the mags for the Marstar are not as readily available as the AR/AK.  

Get a Draco.  Fun and practical.
Link Posted: 6/20/2011 4:40:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Why stay away from the AR or AK.  Those are the top two I would pick.  The PS90 is an overpriced toy and the mags for the Marstar are not as readily available as the AR/AK.  

Get a Draco.  Fun and practical.

Draco and practical in the same sentence. Really?  Just kidding, I get where your coming from.  I am thinking about getting maybe both.  700 bucks for a ar or a ak  would be a decent start.  
I was thinking ps90, I know the mags and ammo would be ruff, it would be overpriced plastic if shtf, for sure. It would make a he'll of a gun to grab for those bumps in the night.  (usually a coon in the trash)  especially with a mini acog sbr and surpressed, that would tie up all my gun purchases for 2012 though. Although it would be a epic gun then.  
Link Posted: 6/21/2011 9:56:35 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Draco and practical in the same sentence. Really?  Just kidding, I get where your coming from.  I am thinking about getting maybe both.  700 bucks for a ar or a ak  would be a decent start.  
I was thinking ps90, I know the mags and ammo would be ruff, it would be overpriced plastic if shtf, for sure. It would make a he'll of a gun to grab for those bumps in the night.  (usually a coon in the trash)  especially with a mini acog sbr and surpressed, that would tie up all my gun purchases for 2012 though. Although it would be a epic gun then.  

Well, if you SBR it, yes.  You could get the Draco, SBR it, get mags and ammo and still have money left over.  

Link Posted: 6/21/2011 11:33:45 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
The PS90 is an overpriced toy

*sigh*

Link Posted: 6/22/2011 10:29:11 PM EDT
[#11]
Hopefully Armalite releases the updated AR180 soon.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top