Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/28/2011 4:20:24 PM EDT
I built a decent bench but the cheap suede sand filled bags leaves a little to be desired.

I was looking at this rifle rest
Link Posted: 4/28/2011 4:41:19 PM EDT
[#1]
No, avoid that type of rest. It is far from steady. You want a separate front and rear that will add lots of stability. A good front rest will be very heavy. Here is an example I picked up used for less than $100 that will work for almost every rifle I have,

Link Posted: 4/28/2011 6:33:32 PM EDT
[#2]
I just use 2 sandbags filled with sand.  Cheap, easy, and simple.  Total cost was probably 25 cents for 4 bags (I double bagged them).  In fact I leave them at the range and it seems like I'm the only one who ever uses them LOL.  Been there over a year too.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 5:54:01 AM EDT
[#3]
I like the Lg. Bulls Bag, great for sighting in - there are better supports for active shooting like listed above.
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 11:58:52 AM EDT
[#4]
Not for everyone but a Harris Bi-Pod [or knockoff] with or without a rear bag can work well.

I have Caldwell Rock/rear bag, Caldwell Fire Control, Dog Gone Good bull bag[s] and Harris,Caldwell and Shooters Ridge bi-pods.

Returning to the same battery position every time is what helps my paper punching most but I'm just an old trigger puller.
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 3:49:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Sorry to hijack your thread OP, but I figured it'd be better to ask here rather than start a new thread.

What would be the best type of rest/bags under $40 to simply get carbines' irons and red dots zeroed? I saw a set of suade bags at a local shop for only $35 but didn't think they were tall enough for an AR. Links would be appreciated and I'm definitely open to a DIY thing!
Top Top