Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/2/2009 3:30:31 AM EDT
In Ohio we may not have loaded magazines for any firearm in a vehicle, except pistols with a valid Concealed Handgun License....
I have been considering the idea of a "truck gun" to keep in my vehicle, but the no loaded magazine law definately reduces its utility...

I have seen the Vector HK-91 style pistols before, and I thought to myself that in a situation where you might need a "truck gun" you may have to defeat some barriers that your standard CCW might not...

With that in mind, how do you all feel that this style of pistol would perform? I know it is somewhat of an abortion, but if it feeds and functions well I don't see a huge problem with it...

I am also open to other suggestions of rifle caliber pistols (something like a .450 Bushmaster or 6.8 SPC AR pistol comes to mind)
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 3:58:53 AM EDT
[#1]
It's a 6+ pound pistol that has considerable recoil and muzzle blast - take it from there.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 4:16:17 AM EDT
[#2]

If you want a good truck gun that has to be a pistol all you need is this....

Link Posted: 11/2/2009 4:54:39 AM EDT
[#3]
ak pistol with a single point sling setup that you can "push out" with to stabilize the gun
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 5:30:07 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
ak pistol with a single point sling setup that you can "push out" with to stabilize the gun

That had crossed my mind as well....

As far as the 1911, I will keep my Glock 19 thank you :)  Looking for something with a rifle caliber that is a pistol to keep as a backup and still be legal in Ohio.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 8:48:16 AM EDT
[#5]
How about one of the KelTec "pistols?" They're a lot lighter than one of the HK's, and probably more useful.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 9:16:52 AM EDT
[#6]
I got the V51 SBR, wish it worked or at least still had a manufacturer that would do warranty work on it. I got it literally right before the federal prosecution for fraud and didn't find out how much of a POS it was until the court proceedings were well under way, so no warranty repairs for me. The gimped new reincarnation of Vector no longer has anyone to do HK work. So I pretty much got a $1000 + $200 paperweight.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 9:25:09 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I got the V51 SBR, wish it worked or at least still had a manufacturer that would do warranty work on it. I got it literally right before the federal prosecution for fraud and didn't find out how much of a POS it was until the court proceedings were well under way, so no warranty repairs for me. The gimped new reincarnation of Vector no longer has anyone to do HK work. So I pretty much got a $1000 + $200 paperweight.

ouch....
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 1:14:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
How about one of the KelTec "pistols?" They're a lot lighter than one of the HK's, and probably more useful.

+1

They are much cheaper too.   I think the Kel-Tec is a great idea, it certainly qualifies as a handgun and it takes AR mags so by the OP's state CCW law he could legally carry loaded mags for the Kel Tec handgun in his car and I would assume that he could also pack along a fullsize AR-15.  If the state law is only for handguns, but allows .223s and .308 handguns I am sure you could have a CCW Kel-Tec and a AR-15 in the same car.

Link Posted: 11/2/2009 2:58:46 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Try Jason at IGF  ,   Excellent work
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 7:04:33 PM EDT
[#10]
Sorry to hear about the 51 being fudged up.  Try Turner Fabrication Inc. - Best Pricing quality work and stands by his work  - You could also contact Gellibear on HKPRO.com.

As to the original question V93 in pistol 223 HK pistol a little lighter?  Still like the 91 pistol ideal.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 7:39:09 PM EDT
[#11]
A .308 pistol would be a littttttle too much for what you're looking for I'm thinking, especially cost wise. Last time I checked those little babies were running around $2K, but that was post november pricing. An AK or AR pistol seems to be the most economical choice. The Draco pistol can be had for around $400 while an AR build could run you $600 these days.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 6:08:23 AM EDT
[#12]
AK pistol lover here (built off AMD-65).  I have a 75 round drum for kicks & giggles too
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top