Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/5/2009 8:02:31 PM EDT
How are you guys storing your truck guns? I'm just keeping mine in a case under my back seat but I'm thinking there has to be a better way of hiding it or make it look like something else I need some ideas.The gun I use is either a M1A scout or ar-15,truck is a 4 door chevy any ideas would be great,thanks.
Link Posted: 9/5/2009 8:24:53 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm also interested in any ideas anyone has..I have an overhead rack but don't think that's really what i want.I've considered the cloth cases that hang from the front seat and make the gun accessible from the back seat...but then you have to exit the truck to retrieve the gun.

Link Posted: 9/6/2009 8:06:03 AM EDT
[#2]
A cheap Dosko sport case works for me.
Link Posted: 9/7/2009 5:58:59 AM EDT
[#3]
Anybody else?
Link Posted: 9/7/2009 6:23:51 AM EDT
[#4]
I use a carry bag with a strap for a folding camping chair, wedged behind the back seat and floor in a suv. That way if I have to carry it around I can sling the bag over my back. You can barely see it if you were going through the vehicle, its a pistol grip shotgun with a few boxes of ammo in the bag. Noticed its started to rust already so im not sure if a bag is the best thing but I dont really care.
Link Posted: 9/12/2009 12:48:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/13/2009 3:44:44 PM EDT
[#6]
At the moment whatever I keep in the truck with me lays ont he back seat in a soft case with my rain coat laying across it (work truck) so it looks like work stuff.

I am considering something like this though.

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/product/standard-item.jsp?id=0005584220667a&navCount=1&podId=0005584&parentId=cat20121&masterpathid=&navAction=jump&cmCat=MainCatcat602007-cat601047-cat20121_TGP&catalogCode=XK&rid=&parentType=index&indexId=cat20121&hasJS=true
Link Posted: 9/13/2009 4:14:18 PM EDT
[#7]
I have a Titan and the back seats flip up for cargo access.  I've been wanting to put in a gun mount on the bottom of the seats so that when I flip the seats up the gun is there on a rack.  Any body seen or tried anything like this?
Link Posted: 9/14/2009 7:06:20 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I have a Titan and the back seats flip up for cargo access.  I've been wanting to put in a gun mount on the bottom of the seats so that when I flip the seats up the gun is there on a rack.  Any body seen or tried anything like this?

http://www.du-ha.com/nissan_titan_king_cab.html
Link Posted: 9/14/2009 7:44:27 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I use a carry bag with a strap for a folding camping chair, wedged behind the back seat and floor in a suv. That way if I have to carry it around I can sling the bag over my back. You can barely see it if you were going through the vehicle, its a pistol grip shotgun with a few boxes of ammo in the bag. Noticed its started to rust already so im not sure if a bag is the best thing but I dont really care.

You might try putting it inside one of those silicone gun socks to help keep it from rusting.
Link Posted: 9/14/2009 8:45:04 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://www.du-ha.com/nissan_titan_king_cab.html

I was hoping for something that actually mounts to the bottom of the seat rather than a bin.  Somthing like a gun grabber on the bottom of the seat.
Link Posted: 9/14/2009 9:15:02 AM EDT
[#11]

Home built from 1/8"x2" strips of steel. The top edge is grind down to a chisel and slides underneath the trim. The bottom is bent to a L shape and bolts on top of the seat support. The hooks are held on with pop rivets.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 11:21:02 AM EDT
[#12]
ok i give up ...is that a Klingon war knife?

I do like the rack mount tho
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 11:52:47 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
ok i give up ...is that a Klingon war knife?

I do like the rack mount tho

Its called a bat'leth. Its for when I run out of ammo and the zombies are bearing down on me.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top