Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/14/2009 5:27:46 PM EDT
Okay local shop has two used remingtons, I'd describe them as pump style rancher rifles.  say like 20-22 inch barrel
ones in 30-06 one's in 6mm.  both have wooden stocks in decent shape and barrels/actions are still atleast 90 percent.

what models are they.  And are they worth around 300-400 dollars used?

thanks
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 5:49:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Slide action centerfire Remington rifles?. Without pics I would hazzard a guess that they were Remington Model 760's. Remington 760's were produced in the calibers you mention, 6MM Remington being the rarer of the two. I use a Model 760 in .35 Remington for hunting whitetail deer here in the woodlots of southwest Wisconsin. Has ample power for one shot kills but most of my shots are less than 100 yards and at that range I can keep three consecutive shots from a cold barrel in a 2-3" circle. How a 760 would fare in the open spaces of Colorado I could'nt begin to guess. Regards , Gary
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 5:54:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeah I do get to travel and hunt in arkansas alot, I got my lifetime arkansas hunting/fishing licenses when I was 16 so its good for the rest of my life even though I moved.

so would you think its worth 350?
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 1:28:46 AM EDT
[#3]
My 27th edition of Blue Book of Gun Values lists a Remington Model 760 in 90% condition at $250.00. Blue Book prices are'nt carved in stone and are best used as a starting point in price haggling. Regards, Gary
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top