Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/24/2009 2:26:20 PM EDT
Who sells 30 round m1 carbine mags? I seen them at J&G sales and they are 19.95 each. Is that the going rate now? That seems very high to me.

Thanks
Link Posted: 1/24/2009 7:06:40 PM EDT
[#1]
What part of WV are you in? A place local to the Milton area did have a bunch of 30 rounders in stock. 10$ a piece IIRC.
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 2:43:12 AM EDT
[#2]
Be carefull with 30 rounders, research them well before you stock up, some don't work with some carbines.
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 4:14:30 AM EDT
[#3]
As gojoe said, look around before you buy. There is a very good article on M1 Carbine 30 round mags on CMP. Here's a link:http://www.thecmp.org/pdfs/Carbine_30_Round_Magazines_September_2007.pdf

Hope it helps.
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 9:05:24 AM EDT
[#4]
I bougt some new 30 rounders a couple months back.

Kind of cheesy looking, with an opening in either side of the back spine.

Not sure the brand, but these look like the ones that are supposidly junk.

They work fine in my 1942 Inland.

I also bought a GI 30 rounder M2 mag, just a single mag found at a gunstore junk box. It to works fine, and is a more substantial looking mag.

I think I paid about $19 for the new ones, and $10 for a rusty GI mag, but thats been some months back.
Link Posted: 1/26/2009 2:59:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Who sells 30 round m1 carbine mags? I seen them at J&G sales and they are 19.95 each. Is that the going rate now? That seems very high to me.

Thanks

GI 15 rounders are getting more expensive, into the $15 and above range. $20 is not expensive for genuine GI 30's. Anything around twenty bucks is most likely Asian or aftermarket. Not saying there still aren't some bargains to be found, but it usually takes lucking into them.
Link Posted: 1/26/2009 5:46:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
What part of WV are you in? A place local to the Milton area did have a bunch of 30 rounders in stock. 10$ a piece IIRC.

I am in Central WV near Summersville. I am not sure how far that would be for me.
Link Posted: 1/27/2009 4:31:20 AM EDT
[#7]
To far. I was there yesterday and he was out anyways.
Link Posted: 1/27/2009 4:19:40 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
To far. I was there yesterday and he was out anyways.

Okay thanks
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top