Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/24/2006 2:37:04 PM EDT
I own a coyote model Winchester in 22-250.  I am having problems with rounds popping out of the magazine prematurely causing the gun to bind up.  When I have 3 or more rounds loaded in the mag and I either fire the gun or just eject a loaded round the next round up in the mag will either pop out when I am pulling the bolt back or when I am pushing the bolt forward.  It actually pops out, so far out in fact that the cartridge is not positioned to be loaded into the chamber.  I have let the warranty lapse on this gun (I have been putting up with this problem for a little while, and finally want to get it taken care of).  Does anyone have any idea what the problem with the magazine could be, and how it might be fixed?  I would GREATLY appreciate any help you guys could offer on this.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 5:12:49 AM EDT
[#1]
Had simalar malfuntion with a Rem 700 in .222, it was a real head scratcher. When I replaced the
follower, the problem seemed to go away.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 12:37:49 PM EDT
[#2]
is the mag spring inserted correctly? and the  follower? maybe something is bent somewhere........
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top