Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/19/2006 6:55:18 PM EDT
i took my SKS completely apart today for the first time to clean it really well, and everything went perfectly according to the guides i have seen, until i went to put the trigger group back in.  the hammer is cocked, the safety is on, but the thing just won't lock back down.  the magazine is seated right, i lined up the notches and everything - ive tried sqeezing it to lock it down, leaning on it, i even leaned the rifle against my big work desk and put my weight on it, but nothing has worked so far.  most of the guides say you just use firm hand pressure and it goes right in, i saw one mentioned using a clamp to help, but i cant imagine it possibly taking any more pressure to get it back on.  any ideas of what i can do to get my gun put back together? any help is greatly appreciated
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 10:33:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Mine was like that. I had to hit it with a rubber mallet to get it to sanp back in.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 11:15:12 PM EDT
[#2]
There is a small 'finger' on the trigger group that has to fit in a small "hole" in the reciever.
sounds like its not quite lined up.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 11:36:54 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Mine was like that. I had to hit it with a rubber mallet to get it to sanp back in.

Same here.
Slap it around.
SKSs are like Filipino hookers - if you aren't hitting them, you aren't getting your money's worth.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 6:33:33 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Same here.
Slap it around.
SKSs are like Filipino hookers - if you aren't hitting them, you aren't getting your money's worth.hr

nice analogy.... ill try that and see how it goes
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top