Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/4/2006 5:07:13 PM EDT
I hope no one objects to the question here but if it is the wrong forum mods please move or delete. While I have hand guns in several calibers I do not own  a decent air pistol.  I am considering one as a means of improving my handgunning accuracy. I have a RWS model 48 rifle that is great. (it is actualy the rifle I shoot the most) but the RWS pistols do not appeal to me.  My requirements are that it fit a left hander and the it have consitent trajectory. I would love to hear recomendations based on peoples experience
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 6:52:16 PM EDT
[#1]
I love my Walther CP99.  It is a pretty accurate representation of the real pistol.  The "magazine" holds the CO2 cartridge, it comes with sized backstraps, you can cock the slide for single-action shots and the decocker works.  It is not a competition gun (3" barrel, other lengths available) but hitting a pop can in the 20-30 foot range is no problem. Great practice if your range gun is any sort of double-stack 9mm-.40.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 4:09:39 PM EDT
[#2]
---I am not a fan of the "firearm look-alikes"; all that I've shot had lousy triggers and used lots of (expensive) CO2 capsules, due to their short barrels.

I had a Daisy (now Avanti) 777 a long time ago, I didn't like it. The trigger was junk and the whole thing just felt like a toy. The two Daisy "target" pistols still sold are both built the same, just with different sights and grips. I wouldn't recommend either of them.

The two best "cheaper" target air pistols are unfortunately available in RH-grip only: the Baikal IZH-46M ($275) and the Gamo Compact ($225). Either of these is good, if you can find LH grips or have them made.

One worth considering might be the Weihrauch HW 40 PCA/Beeman P3 for $150.
www.pyramydair.com/cgi-bin/model.pl?model_id=47
There is also a cheaper chinese-made copy that is sold as the Marksman 2004, for around $50.
www.pyramydair.com/cgi-bin/model.pl?model_id=614
The Weihrauch is made in Germany, and the Marksman is a Chinese copy. I haven't owned either but the general level of quality of the Weihrauch seems to be much better.
Before buying you might want to visit the kitching's network54 airgun forum to ask about minute differences.  
www.network54.com/Forum/79537/
~
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top