Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/2/2006 9:42:21 PM EDT
How does this stuff compare to the South African .308.  Or how is it in general.  I found a good buy on it and want to know what your experience is with it.

Thanks
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 10:22:55 PM EDT
[#1]
SA = good, Indian = worse than shit

Link Posted: 3/2/2006 10:28:10 PM EDT
[#2]
CRAP!
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 11:33:59 PM EDT
[#3]
It has a bad reputation from certain lots that have been suspected of KB's in a couple Cetme's

fwiw, I bought some before asking the hivemind and so far it has shot just fine for a couple hundred rounds.  I still have all my fingers. (which is nice)   Price was about $70/1000 irc.

It does smell a little odd.  Rumor is that the Indians used to use the cremated remains of prisoners to manufacture the powder.  
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 2:46:32 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
How does this stuff compare to the South African .308.  Or how is it in general.  I found a good buy on it and want to know what your experience is with it.

Thanks

Run, don't walk, away from the Indian. If I recall correctly, one of the more respected members of cetmerifles.com discovered that some rounds were sealed with tar or some shit. Gummed up his rifle worse than any Wolf horror story you've heard of.Here's a link that shows how bad the stuff is. There's a reason the Indians got rid of this stuff.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 5:32:17 AM EDT
[#5]
The perils of Indian ammo

Springfield M1A

Link Posted: 3/3/2006 7:50:28 AM EDT
[#6]
Thanks guys.  Your opinions and that link definitely made my decision for me.  I can't believe they are even selling it if it is that bad.  I knew the deal was too good to be true.  I'll stick with the S. African.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 8:00:07 AM EDT
[#7]
The only gun I have ever fired Indian ammo through is my MAS 49/56 .308 convert, it feeds it and spits its ou without so much as a hicup. I am tempted to try it with some of my other surplus .308 bolt guns but can't get the nerve up.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 2:52:14 PM EDT
[#8]
I bought two cases of the Indian .308 from Ammoman when it was first introduced. I promptly returned it for a refund.

Link Posted: 3/3/2006 3:12:06 PM EDT
[#9]

RUN.. ozzy1038.. RUN fast and hard from that ammo
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top