Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/3/2005 6:41:30 PM EDT
I'm wanting to get this Can www.advanced-armament.com/products/rimfire/stinger.asp.

Anyone have any thoughts on which pocket pistol I should get, i.e. a Beretta 21 or a Walther TPH?

Thanks....
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 6:58:42 PM EDT
[#1]
I would vote for neither & go with a Kel-tec .32acp, possibly their .380acp.

My .o2
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 5:20:52 AM EDT
[#2]
I like my Beretta .25 . Friend just got a Tomcat not much bigger no range report yet though.  
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 6:34:55 AM EDT
[#3]
I feel the minimum caliber you want to shoot at someone for sef defense is 9mm.  I  have always felt .380 and .32 are on the wimpy side of things.  I relize it is all about bullet placement.

That being said, Kel Tec make a 9mm DAO pistol that shoots great.  And for $230-ish you can't beat the price.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 7:40:25 AM EDT
[#4]
I would use the Beretta 21 for that set up. I've owned several over the years and they have always been 100% reliable. I've had friends who've owned the Walther and it's been hit and miss with their functioning.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 7:49:02 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 11:58:59 AM EDT
[#6]
Personally, I'd go with the Beretta, just because I like the tip-up barrel feature.

And, it's approx .5" shorter in OAL with the suppressor than the Walther.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 12:12:01 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I would vote for neither & go with a Kel-tec .32acp, possibly their .380acp.

My .o2

Ditto.  Carried a P-32 in a pocket-holster all-day, every-day (whether or not I was wering my primary carry-gun) until I replaced it with a P3AT.  Once properly broken in these are great little pocket-guns IMHO (I've carried a variety of pocket-guns over the past 20+ years) - incredibly thin & light.  

ETA:  D'oh!  Just clicked on your link & saw you're talking about suppressing it.  In that case, I have no experience with the TPH but have considerable experience (all good ) with the various Beretta tip-ups (although not suppressed...).  Sorry!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top