Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/18/2005 5:39:08 AM EDT
I saw one of these in a local shop . It looks pretty cool . 30-06 Columbian , It has a split rear reciever ring like a Nagent or SMILE . Are these things any good ?

Thanks for info .....Google wasnt much help .

ETA cant spell
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 7:20:41 AM EDT
[#1]
from what i have heard they are some of the finest mil-surps out there.  
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 2:19:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Bump cause I need some info ?

ETA It maybe I bumped to soon ...sorry
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 3:45:44 PM EDT
[#3]
IIRC they were made by the the same company that made the madsen LMG in denmark.  the colombians were the only real contract and they went belly up a few years afterward.most were never issued because everyone was in the process of converting over to select fire battle rifles at that time.  most stayed in storage and were sold off as surplus( can't remember the date).  the actual model is thye danish m47.  you may find more searching for that.  here is some info i found with a quick search.danish m47/columbian 58 info
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 4:02:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Adjunky Thanks a TON thats more that I had to go on . I loc'ed one in a pawn shop @350 like mint condition . interesting looking rifle . Thanks agian .
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 5:29:10 PM EDT
[#5]
no problem!  post a pic when you get it.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 8:46:18 AM EDT
[#6]
Well I told em I take it . The thing is unfired as best I can tell . Theres a couple small handling dings but that is all . The rear sight has a nice big windage adjustment .

That site you sent (ADJUNKY) said less than 4000 made or imported .

Id love to post a picture , but I dont have a digital camera ! I know I know I SHOULD BE BANNED . .

I'll write when I take possesion .

Thanks agian ADJ
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 12:44:10 PM EDT
[#7]
I got it  8.5  lbs of Columbian ! Man I like this rifle . Mint Like New .....Never been issued . Can't wait to shoot it .
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 6:27:00 PM EDT
[#8]
What a bargin , I shot the rifle today w/ some PMC 150 grain . Very nice shooting , but does have a blast !
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top