Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/27/2005 7:34:20 PM EDT
Figured I'll try here since it really doesn't fall under the other areas, and it's not C3-related (directly).

Does anyone know what tools are neccessary to finish a Sten Mk.3 Semiauto 80% kit from www.semiautosten.com?

For $400~ and some of my time, I'd be more then willing to take a whack at building a sten!

Plus, 9mm is cheap!

So yeah, tools required? Anyone know? I've heard "Dremel tool" but.. Is that it? Thanks!
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 7:36:07 PM EDT
[#1]
there was a pretty good thread on this over on Gunco.net
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 8:59:53 PM EDT
[#2]
tag, because I have sten mags I was planning to use with an AR 9mm conversion but who knows how long it will be until I get a 9mm upper
a sten would be higher on the cool factor though than a 9mm AR
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 5:24:21 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

So yeah, tools required? Anyone know? I've heard "Dremel tool" but.. Is that it? Thanks!

Pretty much, but you'll need a welder for the barrel bushing.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 8:04:50 AM EDT
[#4]
You'll need to extensively mahine the bolt (or make a new one) to take a separate firing pin & convert it to hammer-fired from a closed bolt. None of the original trigger parts will be allowed either. And you need a 16" barrel so the one in the kit won't work. That means you'll just be using the mag well, buttstock, and maybe extractor, from the kit.

Too much work, just buy a semi AR or Uz if you're looking for a 9 carbine.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 9:56:34 AM EDT
[#5]
Somebody makes a Sten carbine. Valkyre (sp) I think. They make a M3 too.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 11:20:23 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
You'll need to extensively mahine the bolt (or make a new one) to take a separate firing pin & convert it to hammer-fired from a closed bolt. None of the original trigger parts will be allowed either. And you need a 16" barrel so the one in the kit won't work. That means you'll just be using the mag well, buttstock, and maybe extractor, from the kit.

Too much work, just buy a semi AR or Uz if you're looking for a 9 carbine.

they give you a barrel extension, bolt and firing pin, and hammer, among other things
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top