Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/30/2004 4:21:11 PM EDT
So, after watching "Unforgiven" last night, I was wondering if anyone makes any Spencer rifle reproductions? Not sure what the original caliber was, but I think something more readily available would be nice, but I'm just curious for now.

So, are there any modern reproductions of it? Who makes 'em?
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 5:16:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Its a large rimfire cartirdge, and its all but extinct. I think its .50 cal. I love that rifle, but I think we are SOL.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 5:52:58 PM EDT
[#2]
.56-50 spencer.  Looks like and basically was developed as a scaled up .22 short. Is also a rimfire cartridge. I forget who now but there are repro's made and in more common centerfire calibers, like .44-40 ans .44 S$W russian.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 6:38:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Taylor & Co. has a repro Spencer. It is a bit pricey but a low production run gun is going to cost that.  

wganz

Link Posted: 9/30/2004 7:45:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Damn, damn old fashioned stuff heh. Thanks anyway. I'll have to put it on the "when I'm rich" list then
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 9:20:30 AM EDT
[#5]
Try Dixie Gun Works web site. If it's made, they sell it.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 4:37:49 AM EDT
[#6]
Back in the late '60's, early 70's there was a small ad in every issue of Gunweek (?) selling Spencers for $25.  They had come back in country from some old military contract.  I boot myself every now and then for not picking them up.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top