Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/15/2004 8:58:43 PM EDT
As usual I was at the fun store today .

And knowing my weakness for odd or unusual weapons , as soon as I walked in
the owner said ... Dude , I got one you don't already have , and handed me this :

MPA 971 9mm Drum Fed

Only the one I was holding today had black furniture   , basically its an FAL with  SAW furniture and this MPA drum fed 9mm upper with a fake can . I must admit I've never seen one before and know nothing about , but it looks to be well constructed and feels solid . The fact that it's NY legal , looks unusual and takes a drum , is reason enough for me to add it to the collection

Doing a little research I found that its made by Masterpiece Arms , and that’s about it .
So I figured if there was anywhere that might know something about this , it would be here .

OK .......... School me
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 9:02:46 PM EDT
[#1]
See www.rpbusa.com/mpa971.html for the manufacturer and retail prices. I keeep meaning to have my dealer send them his FFL to find out how cheap I can get one.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 9:07:47 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
See www.rpbusa.com/mpa971.html for the manufacturer and retail prices. I keeep meaning to have my dealer send them his FFL to find out how cheap I can get one.

Cool ......... Thats what I was looking for .

This one was a little over $600 with 1 drum
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 9:17:07 PM EDT
[#3]
It's a 9mm FAL...

Nothing more, nothing less...
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 9:36:20 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
It's a 9mm FAL...

Was about to ask that, looks like one.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 10:01:30 AM EDT
[#5]
Speeking of drum fed 9mm's does anyone know if Calico is coming back now that the ban is gone?
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 11:11:29 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
It's a 9mm FAL...

Actually, it's more of a 9mm Mac upper that uses Sumoi drum mags and happens to attach to the FAL lower receiver (which is not the part with the serial number). There are folks that make FAL's in 9mm that actually use FAL upper receivers.

Link Posted: 9/16/2004 12:39:35 PM EDT
[#7]
That is FUNKY!

Interesting find!

- BG
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top