Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/31/2004 9:24:03 PM EDT
What do you guys think?  How do they compare in reliability and accuracy etc...

TIA
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 3:26:12 AM EDT
[#1]
AK!!!!!!!

CETME is basically an hk and it's a pain in the ass to clean because of how it strips down. AK is loose fitting and much more reliable. HK/CETME rifles you general have to clean religiously or at least close to it. You have to maintain them a little more than you would an AR-15. At least that's what I've heard and my limited experience with HKs tells me that what I've heard is not far off from the truth. I had a lot of problems with an hk-91 when I shot it. It may have just been had ammo, but let me put it this way, the AK you barely have to clean at all. Drop the fucker in mud pick it up and keep SHOOTING! nuff said.

oh yeah one question? where you going to buy a 308 AK?
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 7:37:01 AM EDT
[#2]
There are the Saigas, Veprs and Dragonov (7.62x54) styles.
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 8:43:23 AM EDT
[#3]
cetme
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 9:14:18 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 10:01:02 AM EDT
[#5]
Saigas are great, Only drawback is the 10Rd Mag (After you cut down the follower), Super reliable, Chrome lined barrel, Very east to convert to pistol grip stock & The can be picked up for around $200!
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 2:29:14 PM EDT
[#6]
send it to Kreb's Kustom gunwork. He can add a high cap feature to it.
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 5:57:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Once you go FAL you never go back!
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 6:13:32 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
AK!!!!!!!

CETME is basically an hk and it's a pain in the ass to clean because of how it strips down. AK is loose fitting and much more reliable. HK/CETME rifles you general have to clean religiously or at least close to it. You have to maintain them a little more than you would an AR-15. At least that's what I've heard and my limited experience with HKs tells me that what I've heard is not far off from the truth. I had a lot of problems with an hk-91 when I shot it. It may have just been had ammo, but let me put it this way, the AK you barely have to clean at all. Drop the fucker in mud pick it up and keep SHOOTING! nuff said.

oh yeah one question? where you going to buy a 308 AK?

I think your ammo was the cause of your problems with the HK. I have two real HK91s and one Cetme. The HKs will not jam, and you do not have to clean them all the time. But it is good to clean every gun after shooting it.  To clean a HK simply push out the two pins in the stock, remove the stock then pull the charging handle back which releases the bolt. Very easy to clean.
The Cetme I have works great, but I shopped around to find the one I like. I have been looking at a VEPR .308 AK, I think they look good, but my Cetme was almost $200 less then the VEPR.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 11:13:37 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Once you go FAL you never go back!

Absolutely, they are wonderful. I'm hopeing the only reason he isnt asking about a FAL is because he already owns three. If not, check out ORF, DSA and Entreprise, STG-58 has always been my favorite (along with the Izzy).

Jack
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 3:07:45 PM EDT
[#10]
I have owned Fals, Cetmes, HKs and still have a Saiga .308 AK.   I like the Saiga better after converting to pistol grip configuration and installing a receiver peep sight, orginal trigger was horrible!  No matter what I have tried, I still like the M1A/M14 type rifles best!
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 8:11:25 AM EDT
[#11]

To clean a HK simply push out the two pins in the stock, remove the stock then pull the charging handle back which releases the bolt. Very easy to clean.

I'm not dissing HKs...I have a few clones, but that is how you take it down, how do you actually get inside the receiver and clean the think heavy greasy shit in the area where the bolt locks up..trunion area????
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 8:32:33 AM EDT
[#12]
Lots of piper-cleaners
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 9:45:26 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 8:28:15 AM EDT
[#14]
45 cal bore brush,small tooth brush, and carb cleaner,,ya spray it out,, jab a pacth in there,,
dont use as much oil or grease and it wont be as bad!

cetme is 50% more accuarte than an AK,,and is in 762x51 ,,so at 400m its gonna puch 4 times harder than 762x39....... and actually hit what ya want!

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top