Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/8/2004 9:05:47 PM EDT
I find myself jones'ing for an m4 for some reason,  I have an 870 that I can convert to a  fighting shotgun but I picked up the Benelli at the gun store the other day and it just fit perfectly.  It doesn't have the collapsible stock ( Why can't a civie have a collapsible stock shotgun? what ban does that fall under?)

Anyway, looking for pro's and cons of this particular platform and whether it's worth 1400 bones or not.....

any input?

CrashBurnRepeat
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 9:33:35 PM EDT
[#1]
The M4 is a fine shotgun that you'll be happy with.

Personally, I like the standard stock better than the collapsible.

Be sure to compare prices at a few other gun shops, as well as at the next gun show in your area.

If you haven't already done so, you might want to check out the Benelli M1 Tactical and the Benelli M3 Convertible Pump/Auto. They're both excellent weapons, with a larger magazine capacity than the M4. They're also less expensive.

Link Posted: 5/9/2004 1:48:47 AM EDT
[#2]
I have a Benelli M1S90 and it's all the shotgun I need.  I own a bunch of rifles and handguns, sometimes duplicates, but I only have one shotgun.  As you've noticed, they feel really good. I have several chokes for it, and with the extended mag and ghost ring sights, there's not much to want.  It's never given me a failure in anyway.  

The AWB covers the rifle, shotgun, and pistol.

921(a)(30)-

(D) a semiautomatic shotgun that has at least 2 of-
    (i) a folding stock
    (ii) a pistol grip that protrudes.....
    (iii) a fixed magazine capacity in excess of 5 rounds
    (iv) an ability to accept a detatchable mag

You can only get one evil feature on your shotgun if it's post-ban.  

Ross
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 8:36:46 AM EDT
[#3]
Personally, with the AWB likely to sunset, I would wait until September and see if Benelli will de-neuter the M4.  For the money I think it is expensive for a neutered gun-- I can get a pre-ban M1 with evil features galore for less.  But a brand new, fully evil version with collapsible stock and full tube capacity, well, it would be worth the big price.
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 1:50:28 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I find myself jones'ing for an m4 for some reason,  I have an 870 that I can convert to a  fighting shotgun but I picked up the Benelli at the gun store the other day and it just fit perfectly.  It doesn't have the collapsible stock ( Why can't a civie have a collapsible stock shotgun? what ban does that fall under?)

Anyway, looking for pro's and cons of this particular platform and whether it's worth 1400 bones or not.....

any input?

CrashBurnRepeat

Definately worth it!  Here's a pic of me starting the shotgun stage of the 3gun match at Black Rifle Day in VA last month.  I knocked down every piece of steel with 1 shot and made the three paper target hits with the slugs.  I used Federal Tactical buckshot and slugs (about the same recoil as a FAL because the M4 is gas operated).  I placed 9th in the match (my first 3 gun match) .
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 1:51:15 PM EDT
[#5]

Yeah, I feel that my Benelli M1014 (M4) is worth it, but that's just my personal preference. As you can tell by my screen name, I'm fond of M4 carbines and M4 shotguns. Hopefully the AW Ban will sunset and I can put a real telestock and mag extension on it.
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 9:17:57 PM EDT
[#6]
well crap, so even if I get an M4 I couldn't add the mag extension. crap.  I think that's good advice angling for an m3.

Quoted:
I have a Benelli M1S90 and it's all the shotgun I need.  I own a bunch of rifles and handguns, sometimes duplicates, but I only have one shotgun.  As you've noticed, they feel really good. I have several chokes for it, and with the extended mag and ghost ring sights, there's not much to want.  It's never given me a failure in anyway.  

The AWB covers the rifle, shotgun, and pistol.

921(a)(30)-

(D) a semiautomatic shotgun that has at least 2 of-
    (i) a folding stock
    (ii) a pistol grip that protrudes.....
    (iii) a fixed magazine capacity in excess of 5 rounds
    (iv) an ability to accept a detatchable mag

You can only get one evil feature on your shotgun if it's post-ban.  

Ross

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top