Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/7/2003 6:32:36 AM EDT

I only recently found out that it is legal to own AP ammo (for the longest time I had the misconception that it had been banned), so now of course I want some.

I have been searching a few of the usual places, like Ammoman.com and CheaperThanDirt.com, but I haven't found any at all.

Does anyone know any good sources?  All help would be appreciated.  I only want/need 200 rounds or so, just in case .
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 7:56:36 AM EDT
[#1]
Cole Distributing used to carry it, IIRC. I'd get a copy of Shotgun News as there's usually ads in there for it in their ammo section.

Good luck.
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 8:09:40 AM EDT
[#2]
im guessing you don't reload?

I found a place that sells the projectiles, and i reload them. They're quite interesting.

I haven't seen loaded rounds for sale though...
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 9:51:49 AM EDT
[#3]
I may have some to part with . Feel free to e-mail me .
It is getting more rare all the time .
From what I have seen , the legal 30.06ap ammo  is being bought up , dismantled and sold seperately so reloaders can buy the ap bullet only to load into 308 or other 30cal  ammo .
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 10:59:22 AM EDT
[#4]
I managed to get lucky and find a can of 500rnds  of reloaded Talon at the last gun show (there was one can left - I couldn't afford both .)

Check your email.
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 11:06:29 AM EDT
[#5]
www.bigskysurplus.com/30-06.htm

Check guns america, auction arms, gunbroker and those sites. you should find some AP in 06. THats how I got mine. I've been looking but can't find the link to a place that was selling M2 AP(black tip) by the crate for like $200 or so. If I ever find it again I'll send it to you IM
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 12:56:13 PM EDT
[#6]
163 gr AP Bullets - $100 / 1000
For the reloaders out there.

www.gibrass.com/projectiles.html
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top