Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/27/2003 7:26:19 PM EDT
It's kid-on-Xmas-morning time!

Just received two custom M-11/9 uppers from AutoWerkes, and thought I'd share pics.

Quality is absolutely first-rate. Delivery time was reasonable, even though Knob Creek and some machine downtime added a delay of about 8 days onto the original quote. Erik was apologetic and was very good about keeping me up to date on the situation... he even threw in a 10-pack of buffers for the inconvenience, after I assured him that I was in no hurry to get the product (my M-11/9 is still in transfer).

This one is a standard-length side-cocking M-11/9 upper with AW's new-style "blended" scope rail and high-rise HK sights. The muzzle has been threaded 1/2x28, and an A3 "L" flash hider from KKF is mounted here (GemTech suppressor will eventually follow). Not apparent here is that the top of the front sight ring has been machined off, to reduce visual obstruction when a red-dot sight is mounted.

This one is a 10" barreled side-cocking carbine upper. Has the same scope mount and high-rise HK sights as the shortie, and a Cobray barrel shroud and foregrip have been added (*very* solid unit, I might add). Special riser block has been attached to the shroud, and the front sight has been relocated for improved sight radius. Muzzle extends just past the shroud and is threaded 1/2x28. KKF A3 "L" flash hider is attached.

Erik @ AutoWerkes has provided outstanding service and has come through with a truly "custom" product of top-shelf quality. I will certainly not hesitate to do business with AutoWerkes again, and would recommend Erik to anyone interested in custom MAC parts and accessories.
Link Posted: 10/28/2003 12:03:05 PM EDT
[#1]
These look much nicer than the current crop of uppers, whose scope mount appears really out of place.   I was thinking of going w/just a long picatinny rail, extending out past the front of the upper, and using detachable AR sights (I believe KAC makes a flip up front meant to be mounted on the same plane as the rear).   However, these don't look so bad, either.   Seems like reindexing the shroud with the front sight mounted may be a pain should you ever want to remove it, though.

You mind sharing the cost of these?

Thanks,
Rocko
Link Posted: 10/28/2003 12:16:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Rocko:

I don't know enough about these uppers to know how the shroud is attached, or if removal is desirable or even possible! It appears to be one solid unit now, and that's how it's staying if I can help it... I've had float tubes on my ARs for years, and never had the need or desire to remove them.

Normal price would be $395 on the carbine upper, $295 on the standard-length. I got a better deal b/c I happened to place my order while Erik was running a sale on his HK sights, and he gave me an extra discount b/c I ordered both uppers at once.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top