Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/16/2003 2:09:51 PM EDT
Hi

My friend (not english speaking) is considering to buy a Springfield XD Tactical. He asked me to find out what people in the world know about this pistol. I am very thankful for all point of views and ideas from all the people who own or have heard anything about this gun.

Regards,

Max
Link Posted: 9/16/2003 3:34:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Max, I've done some research and shot and messed with a couple other types of pistols (glock 17, Wilson 1911) and the XD9 just seemed to fit me best of the three.

It is a good pistol, comfortable to shoot, and no one i've talked to has had any problems with their XDs.  

try www.hs2000talk.com for additional info.  it is a website specific to XDs.
Link Posted: 9/17/2003 6:32:00 AM EDT
[#2]
I have an HS-2000 (same gun before Springfield took over the importation contract), and it's my favorite handgun to shoot.  I have a couple of revolvers, a Beretta, a Kimber, a Browning 22, and I've shot Glocks from time to time.  The HS fits my hand better than any of the others.  It just points perfectly, and it's quite accurate.  The sights sometimes feel just a tad high on the gun if I haven't shot it in a while, but I believe that has more to do with the squareish look to the back of the gun than anything else.  It's also a breeze to disassemble and clean.  It breaks down into something like 4 parts.  That's it.

It's a great firearm, and I recommend it without hesitation.
Link Posted: 9/17/2003 6:46:49 AM EDT
[#3]
I've had the XD Tactical for about a month now and I'm still getting used to it.  The trigger reset takes some practice to become comfortable with.  

I have shot some IDPA and steel challenge matches with it and it has been completely reliable and points where I aim it.  I don't do formal testing and measuring of groups, but I had no problem making a ragged hole at 15 yards after a couple mags.

I did replace the less-than-ideal stock sights with a fiber optic front and an adjustable rear.

The Tactical also can use 1911 recoil springs so you can put in lighter or heavier springs to shoot milder loads or dampen recoil.
Link Posted: 9/17/2003 11:22:26 AM EDT
[#4]
Awsome!!!!!! I have two and next year I'll get my third!
Link Posted: 9/19/2003 11:24:59 AM EDT
[#5]
I have an HS2000 and hell yeah I want another one. I want to be the first on my block to get the XD45 when it comes out next year.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top