Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/5/2003 12:50:22 PM EDT
I just picked one of these up new for 329, it seems like a very solid piece of steel!  Going to shoot it tomorrow.  The loading and unloading is one shell at a time, and it is a "cowboy-action" pistol.  Any thoughts or comments for this gringo pistolero?
Link Posted: 8/5/2003 2:01:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Isn't that a 6.5" barrel?

Did you get one with an interchangeable extra 9mm cylinder?  A buddy of mine had one of those and we used to have a lot of fun with it, in both calibers.  It always seemed rock-solid to me.
Link Posted: 8/6/2003 4:55:43 AM EDT
[#2]
....enjoy it....keep it...very reliable shoots all kinds of ammo ..you can shoot the hell out of it and it will keep on goin`.....
Link Posted: 8/7/2003 3:15:10 PM EDT
[#3]
I fired the pistol yesterday and today, it reminds me of shooting a 30-30 for some reason.  Probably the cowboy action and the solid recoil, or maybe just the noise! The recoil is not that bad, my girlfriend fired it 24 times.  I was managing paper plate groups at 20 paces, using 158 grain JSP American Eagles.  The trigger is exceptionally smooth, with an almost imperceptible take-up.  It gets dirtier than my Glock for sure, however.  Is anyone aware of FMJ+P loads for this gun?  I have friends who work as actors for wild west shows, and they all carry Ruger Bisley's in .45LC, several of their guns have over 15,000 .45LC blanks fired in just two years.  No problems to date with any of the Bisley's, either.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top