Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/6/2003 7:28:15 AM EDT
I recently purchased a Python in pretty rough exterior shape.  It is a beautiful shooter, and I was thinking of refinishing it to make it look better.  I know it will lose value, but as I said it is a shooter.  What do you think of a Wilson Armor Tuff finish on a revolver?  Or maybe a parkerized??  Anyone have any suggestions?
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 7:36:09 AM EDT
[#1]
I don't know that it will lose significant value if the exterior is rough.  You should do a nice hard chrome finish it -- looks good, and low maintenance to boot.
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 7:46:22 AM EDT
[#2]
i vote for black or green T
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 10:47:09 PM EDT
[#3]
NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO!!!

Send it to Colt for their "Royal Blue" finish that they used to put on Pythons. It's so deep & beautiful you can shave in it's reflection.

If Colt does it then it shouldn't have any adverse effect on its value, IMO.

Or you could be contrary & send it to S&W.  
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 11:16:39 PM EDT
[#4]
try AZEX Arms parkote in greeeeeennnnnnn........

parkerizing plus an armor coat overlay...totally sweet.

www.azexarms.com
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 5:42:24 AM EDT
[#5]
What Bob Cole said! When you get it back, you won't even recognize it.
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 6:41:42 AM EDT
[#6]
Ditto.  Either the original gorgeous deep blue or the hard chrome "Ultimate Stainless" finish that was original on Pythons.  
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 6:50:40 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO!!!
Send it to Colt for their "Royal Blue" finish that they used to put on Pythons. It's so deep & beautiful you can shave in it's reflection.

Absolutely the best finish I've ever seen on a revolver. My friend had a 6 inch Python that was this color. It look like a deep electric blue, almost purple finish. Absolutely gorgeous. If you can get Colt to do it, that's the route I would take.
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 6:58:34 AM EDT
[#8]
From Colt's web site:
A Customer Service Representative can be reached by calling 1-800-962-COLT(2658), Monday through Friday 10am -12Noon and 1pm - 5pm EST.

Product Service Refinishing Guide All Refinishing is Priced on Request

Please call our Customer Service Department to obtain pricing or go to Custom Services Refinishing.

Refinishing:

Refinish Receiver Only
Refinish Slide Only
Revolver Cylinder Only
Revolver Barrel Only
Complete Refinish of Firearm
Styles:

Matte Blue  
Blue  
Nickel  
Royal Blue  
Hard Chrome
(auto)
(revolver)  
Stainless  
Bright Stainless  
Stainless to Bright Stainless  
Case Color / Blue Model “P” Only  
Rifles  

P.O.R. - Price On Request
Refinishing of revolver frames “only” is not available.

Refer to “Complete Refinish” pricing for revolvers that need frame done.

Case coloring of frame is only available on the ”Model P”.

Any work that must be sent to a vendor, please allow additional time as we are at the mercy of the vendor's schedule

Rifles done as a “complete refinish” only, due to lot charges.

With regards to refinishing, we cannot guarantee total removal of all pit marks or marring, nor can we guarantee total retention of all roll marks.  We cannot guarantee color matching when doing separate components.

Prices and specifications are subject to change without notice.
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 8:41:08 PM EDT
[#9]
Send it to Ruger and have them match your fugly Ruger .454 Casull.
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 8:58:33 PM EDT
[#10]

Unless Colt's recuts all of the lettering, it'll just look like a reblued gun. An expensive reblued gun.
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 12:10:00 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Unless Colt's recuts all of the lettering, it'll just look like a reblued gun. An expensive reblued gun.

From my above post:

With regards to refinishing, ..... nor can we guarantee total retention of all roll marks.......
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top