Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/9/2003 3:36:42 AM EDT
I've posted in the handgun board already but I'll put it here as well.
Anyone know about the "new" Federal ammo on the market for handguns?  It is a FMJ design but on impact it spreads like a hollowpoint?
Thanks,
Pakrat
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 4:36:21 AM EDT
[#1]
No experience with it yet, but Ammoman sells it and it could prove to be very interesting since it does not depend upon hydraulics for expansion. If I was stuck in a place like Jersy, I'd sure look hard at it.

More details here, from Ammoman's website...

http://www.ammoman.com/40_EP_DESC.htm
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 10:45:35 AM EDT
[#2]
Shot some of it in a recent wound ballistics workshop put on by ATK (parent company to Federal and Speer).  I was somewhat interested until they told us that it performs very poorly on any kind of hard barrier penetration (auto glass, sheet metal, drywall).  
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 11:48:37 AM EDT
[#3]
The concept is not a new one...... does this say anything?????

Corbon has the same rehashed product out too.

FWIW - Aguila (sp?) that smoking hot stuff from south of the border.....

some of our local LEAs were out testing some of the 117grn .45 +p rounds ...... zipped through their vests and T plates

Food for thought.

Shinnin'
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 3:38:55 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
No experience with it yet, but Ammoman sells it and it could prove to be very interesting since it does not depend upon hydraulics for expansion. If I was stuck in a place like Jersy, I'd sure look hard at it.

More details here, from Ammoman's website...

http://www.ammoman.com/40_EP_DESC.htm

Hollow point ammunition is on the shelf of every gun store in the state.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top