Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/20/2002 3:15:01 PM EDT
Hi,

I was told there are some Model A carbines out there without the "Model A" designation on the side.  Has anyone seen one?  
Link Posted: 12/20/2002 3:37:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/20/2002 3:55:14 PM EDT
[#2]
what do you want it for?
just kidding! i use mine purely to make a lot of noise and a big mess with 9mm brass.
are we talking semi-auto carbine here? or full-auto?
if your going full-auto, get a vector before it's too late. it's a model A. all the transferable model B's are conversions IIRC.

no pics, but anyway, the easiest way to tell is of course the sights. model A has all of the elevation and windage adjustments on the front sight- utilizing an offset post and a special tool to make the adjustments.
the model B has sights that resemble m16a1 sights- adjustable with detents. model B also has some minor changes to make it harder to convert to full-auto IIRC. if there original guns, the model will be marked on the reciever.

oh, now i see you want a carbine.
Link Posted: 12/20/2002 4:30:12 PM EDT
[#3]
IIRC the major difference is outside the ears.
on the right side there will be a large wheel with detents to adjust for windage that the mod. A lacks entirely.
Link Posted: 12/20/2002 4:39:01 PM EDT
[#4]
i search for uzi images for you and i find this:

the internet. what a place, huh?

mod.A

a mini, but it has the mod.B type rear sight.

good luck, and enjoy your toy.
Link Posted: 12/20/2002 8:37:47 PM EDT
[#5]
The model B was an upgrade done to compensate for inadequate model A sites.  A sites were from the SMG and set for the 10.25" barrel, they were never correct for the 16" barrel in the US.

In my opinion the B is a better gun.

B model will have a windage adjustable rear site. the A model will be fixed.
Top Top