Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/20/2002 7:13:20 PM EDT
Does anyone know if a Surefire tactical light forend will fit on a Mossberg 590 w/20" barrel without modifying or removing the bayo lug? Their website doesn't mention the bayo lug being a problem but I've seen a few other sites that say the lug must be removed. What's the real deal?
Link Posted: 11/20/2002 7:50:06 PM EDT
[#1]
I believe it will, we just sold 6 M590-A1's with that light, don't remember the bayonet lug being removed. But then again, wasn't looking for it. I will look tomorrow and see if the last one was altered
Link Posted: 11/21/2002 11:32:50 AM EDT
[#2]
Did those 590A1's have 18.5" or 20" barrels? I believe only the 20" has the bayonet lug. Thanks for looking.
Link Posted: 11/21/2002 11:48:15 AM EDT
[#3]
Here is what I remember form when I used to sell surefire.
If you use a 500 mount you have to remove the lug nor use a offset adapter.
Surefire made a mount only for the 590 that did not need the lug removed.
It has been a few years so take what I am saying with a grain of salt.
NoKarma
Link Posted: 11/25/2002 5:27:07 PM EDT
[#4]
btt
Link Posted: 11/25/2002 5:34:57 PM EDT
[#5]
SureFire makes a special fore-end for 590s with the Bayo Lug. It is offset.  I have never seen one of these in stock at a dealer, but you can order them straight from Surefire.  I dont know the exact model number for this one, but you could get it by sending surefire customer service an email.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top