Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/20/2002 8:12:21 PM EDT
Put a rock river arms n.m. 2 stage trigger in my Bushmaster shorty recently.  While it's an improvement over the bushy's stock 30-something pound trigger, I was a little disappointed about the amount of pull it took to break stage 2.  Will this trigger's stage 2 lighten up any after more use or is what I have now as light as it gets?  Thanks
Link Posted: 10/20/2002 8:34:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Thats odd.  Mine is VERY VERY light.

It felt the same on day one as it does now.
Link Posted: 10/20/2002 8:44:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Make sure it went together properly. Is your receiver in spec?
Link Posted: 10/20/2002 8:58:40 PM EDT
[#3]
something must be wrong, mine is sweet
Link Posted: 10/20/2002 8:58:50 PM EDT
[#4]
You might want to uninstall & check for burrs & any foreign debris, even in the hammer & trigger pin holes. Then lubricate & reinstall. You did lubricate the first time, right??

ColtShorty

"I won't be wronged,  I won't be insulted
and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do
these things to other people and I require
the same from them."
Link Posted: 10/20/2002 9:13:25 PM EDT
[#5]
DevilsAdvocate, I don't really know how to answer your question (is it in spec?).  I'm fairly new to the ar 15 and don't have any gauges to do any measureing.  All I can say is it's an all Bushmaster rifle so I would hope it's in spec.  ColtShorty,  Everything looked ok but I could have easily missed something.  I did lubricate everything before installation.  I guess I'll take it out and look again.  I was amazed at how hard those oversized pins were to drive into the side of the lower.  Any chance of the pins not fitting tight enough if I knock them out again?  Thanks for the suggestions all.
Link Posted: 10/21/2002 4:15:00 AM EDT
[#6]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top